Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
seydel blues session
Posted by: Justice (---.216.wightcablenorth.net)
Date: December 17, 2008 11:17AM

i bought a blues session (it has over 200 hundered tuning options) in f, a while back for about £25, and i must say i was impressed. it comes in a cardboard box with a nice little leather pouch for the harp. The harmonica itself has a plastic comb and it cover plates are simalar in shape to that of hohner meisterclass which make it comfortable to hold. it plays easy and has a nice tone, it simple to bend and overblows do come, with a bit of practise.

i like it so much that i got another in the key of Low Low F, tuned two octaves below F and a Low G, and it blew me away. they sounded much more like a didgerydoo than a harmonica with a deep low grumbling sound, giving songs much more emotion. these harps though are there very hard to bend on and overblows are almost impossible, but that, for me did not matter because of there beatiful sound. The only problem with them is on the lower holes if not played smooth, as in no bending, they tend to rattle, and for beginners this may be a problem ( on the 2 mostly). they also cost about £15 pounds more.

so the blues session is a great harp with countless tuning opions. its easy to play and sounds good, and i love the little pouch, but the lower octave harps are not for everyone , but they were perfect for me.

blues session 9/10 i love them and think the choice is fantastic.

Post Edited (2008-12-17 09:38:44)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: seydel blues session
Posted by: mattsihler (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 16, 2009 02:16AM

I love my blues session low low F-

I was actually getting ready to put in a order for a couple more Seydels, The Black Favorite, and a regular favorite, they'd be my first metal combs- right before I went in the room to click "buy" I was playing with my LLF and noticed one of the screws was a little loose, so I started tightening it and it popped right throught the cover plate! I couldn't believe it! What's up with that, Seydel?

I took the harp apart and rescrewed it very carefully, but I don't know if I'm buying another Seydel- I mean they sound great and look stunning, but something like a screw popping through the cover plate while your tightening it...that's unforgiveable in a $60 harp...

Someone please change my mind- I'd love to find buy that black favorite, but I'm really worried about the quality now.

Matt

Posted by: mattsihler (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 16, 2009 03:09AM

BTW- the reason I opened up the harp to begin with is because one of the blow reeds had become stuck, making it completely unresponsive, unless I drew a couple times reall fast and immediately moved into a blow- which was a big problem. I opened it ip and had it closed within 10 minutes playing perfectly again- but I'm no harp tech...I was luck on my Seydel, I have ben unable to fix drwas 2 and three on one of my Lee Oskars for months now, and they aren't bad reeds, I just can't get them placed right. But for $60, out of the box their should not be any completely unresponsive reeds. I shouldn't have to open the harp up after owning it for 2 days...

I still love the sound and look though, and the Seydels feel so good in the hand. You feel like you're playing a piece of artwork- the simplicity of their style is just so amazing. Of all my harps, these are the best looking. My Suzuki Firebreath is either a tie or a close second, and then the rest.

Matt

Posted by: Justice (---.198.omne.uk.net)
Date: May 16, 2009 02:32PM

Sent it back to seydel and i sure they willr eplace the cover plate. The same thing happened the first time i got a FIREBREATH and suzuki were more than helpful. Its rare but it does happen to harps that have a more Comftable hold, Ive have quieta few farourite and firebreaths and promasters and miestclasses etc. and its only happened once, so please, dont let it put you off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.