General :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have something besides harmonicas on your mind? Talk about it here. 
You better slick up!
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (107.203.62.---)
Date: June 21, 2015 05:19PM

It's been way too quiet around here. More than three months without a post! Really??? Nobody has anything interesting??

Yeah, well, me neither. winking smiley

So, I'll break the "drought" with one of the lighter moments during the recent flooding brought on by tropical storm Bill.

You better slick up!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2015 07:16PM by EarthDogHarpin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You better slick up!
Posted by: zarling (71.13.118.---)
Date: June 23, 2015 05:33PM

Sorry we're boring grinning smiley

I like that story-- it's nice to know that the bigwigs don't always let it go to their head... There's a stereotype that very successful people turn into self-absorbed jerks, and I'm sure that's true of some, but I've met one or two individuals who are legends their field, and found them to be gracious, affable people. Seems that treating others right can help you advance, go figure...

I'm never sure how "off topic" to go on this thread (one of the reasons I haven't posted here), but here's something from my scroll saw club's recent newsletter... it's talking about woodworking, but not too much of a stretch to apply to harps.
-------------------------
The lazy days of summer are upon us, and it’s time to crack open the windows. There are lawns to be mown and gardens to be sown. It is the season of church picnics, of graduations, of road trips and reunions. It’s time for Little League and launching boats, and vacations that last forever only to be gone in an instant. The days are long, the grill is warm, and fireflies rule the night (if you have young children, anyway). We’re so busy having fun that we don’t have time for fun anymore.

Well- hopefully there’s a little time for fun. It can be a great time to open the garage door, feel the breeze swirl out the last of winter’s sawdust, and wait for the neighbor to poke his head in to ask “whatcha working on?” Because secretly-- or not so secretly, as the case may be-- we all like to show off, just a little. I hope you can find a chance to fire up the saw a little, talk to the neighbor a little, and yes, show off just a little, because the lazy days of summer—when we stop to catch a breath—are just that. There’s something special about the quiet times in the dog days, when we do things not because they're scheduled, not because they're necessary, but just for the joy of doing them. The lazy days of summer. I hope you can find them this season.

Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: July 01, 2015 07:41AM

Deb, nice little story, I just got back from being gone for about a month now, but nothing too exciting to share with you, I am hoping to start working on some more tabs once I get caught up on all my work.

Zarling, feel free to show off any of your wood working projects to us when you feel the desire to do so.

Walt, if you don't mind me asking, I was wondering if those prison escapees were in your area? They sure had a lot of people on edge. Glad it is over for the residents of the affected area.

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.103.---)
Date: July 01, 2015 05:35PM

They were found somewhere near the Canadian border and I'm only about 75 miles above New York City. So they were pretty far away.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: July 06, 2015 10:24AM

Zarling,
You may not know this, but you've just started a new thread. winking smiley
See: "Zarling Scrollworks..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 10:28AM by gene.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.