General :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have something besides harmonicas on your mind? Talk about it here. 
My doc thinks I'm a woman!
Posted by: Pulp (141.129.1.---)
Date: December 15, 2013 08:17AM

I had a routine blood test back in September, my testosterone level, according to her chart was over 100X what it should be. Re-tested a month later, same result. I finally got to see an endocrinoligist last week. He says my level is normal. I say, "The high end of the range is 6, my level is 650. That doesn't sound normal to me." He looks back at the chart, thinks a minute and says, "Hmnn, this range is for a woman, so yes, you're high for a woman, but smack dab in the middle of the men's range."

So I guess I'm gonna have to have a talk with my doc. Actually, she's a Nurse Practitioner. Maybe have her do a hernia check. Perhaps in the middle of that test she will notice things down there that don't belong on women. :roll:

My wife has really been worried about this, as she called our daughter who is an RN, and asked her what could cause the high levels. Our daughter, not known for being subtle, she says, "Could be a brain tumor." I already knew that, but hadn't mentioned it to my wife, as she worries too much about stuff anyway.

So anyway, I'm happy to report that in at least one area, I am normal.

Funny how checking the wrong box on a form can give really strange results.

I never really believed it was high anyway, in spite of the numbers, since elevated T levels can lead to aggressiveness, and I'm about as aggressive as a mouse on Valium. I haven't been in a bar fight in years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My doc thinks I'm a woman!
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: December 16, 2013 02:28PM

That is a funny story, I wonder how often stuff like that happens.

Re: My doc thinks I'm a woman!
Posted by: Pulp (69.8.54.---)
Date: December 16, 2013 03:03PM

I can't quote the numbers, but you're something like 10000 times more likely to be killed by medical mistakes than by a firearm.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.