HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: New Ideas?
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 18, 2006 12:45AM

A tab rating system is something that I am planning on working on, but just have not gotten to yet. As for the comments this has been brought up several times and instead of comments everyone thought it would be better to go with the rating system. I personally think that comments could really discourage postings because I know I have received emails which I know would have become comments, and the emails were not too nice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: [email protected] (---.com)
Date: October 18, 2006 01:57AM

I'd love to see a rating system. Many of the tabs I post, I don't even play but I know the notes are tabbed properly. If someone likes or hates it, a rating would be the best way to know.

I've also seen alternate tabs posted and my guess is the second posting is identical to the first but the second poster didn't check to see if the tab was already posted. Not alternate as in keyed differently but sometimes the posters don't know the proper name of the song and post the same song under a different or misspelled name. If the tab was rated, we could see that a tab is just a duplicate of an earlier tab or maybe it's different enough to be played easier etc.

I'd like to see a comment line beside the tab for the poster to fill out. That way the song name would be unique. A good example is my recent posting of the Laverne and Shirley song.

The song name is Dreams Come True. In the tab comments I could have put "Laverne and Shirley theme song" instead of including that information in the song title. Any number of comments could be included. Requires lots of bends, sounds better in a low key like a G harp, melody with no lyrics, intro, etc.

Date: October 18, 2006 02:39AM

That is an interesting idea. It would be easy to add a small comment field, but it would need to be added in a lot of places. In the past I figured that any comments could just go in the main section with the tab but I see what you mean with a small comment field which displays in the tab listings. The only other problem with that is right now the listings of tabs is totally full. We would have to remove information to make room for that additional field. The only other thing I could do is shrink down the text size so that more information would fit but that may make it hard to read.

Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: October 18, 2006 04:29AM

You can add notes right in the tabs. I do this often.

Date: October 18, 2006 05:26AM

But that means downloading the tab to see if there's any notes. I don't download every new tab just to see how it's been tabbed or to see if there's any notes. I'd like to read a note/comment beside a tab listing.

I've left comments myself in the tab but just find it's not enough.

Date: October 18, 2006 03:10PM

BlueWest wrote:

> But that means downloading the tab to see if there's any notes.
> I don't download every new tab just to see how it's been tabbed
> or to see if there's any notes. I'd like to read a note/comment
> beside a tab listing.
>
> I've left comments myself in the tab but just find it's not
> enough.

I think it makes sense. There could be a little note someone search may be interested in, like a lot of bends or alternative names, or where the tab is from (Movie Title or TV Show title). You could even put in comments like harp solo or missing intro. I think it is a good idea, it is just the space in the display has to be worked out. Although if we are scrapping difficulty then we may just be able to stick it right there although it would be a small space. That still doesn't solve the problem on the general list page.

Post Edited (10-18-06 11:14)

Date: November 22, 2006 04:54AM

I've been doing a lot of video watching on YouTube. In a couple of my tabs, I've included links to YouTube videos. The field where a link to a midi file is nice but how about another field, or 2, for links to a YouTube video in case we want to listen to how a song is played. Not everyone has or can find MP3 files like many, many years ago before the money grubbing record industry screwed us over.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.