HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Possible New Web Host
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 08, 2006 04:45PM

After reporting some problems to the web hosting company they informed me that they believe this site may be too large for them to host. So they told me that I may need to find another hosting company. So if that does happen then we will be down again for a few days while we switch to a new hosting company once again. I will keep everyone informed on what is going on. Unfortunately it is becoming more and more difficult to keep this site just up and running. This site has grown so large web hosts are starting to refuse to take us. If we I can't find an affordable web hosting company which can meet our hardware and software needs we will be forced into one of two options, either turnning this into a pay site or shutting down the site. I am doing everything I can to avoid both from happening but it may be out of my control.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Possible New Web Host
Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 14, 2006 01:47PM

There are very few sites that I'm willing to pay for, but as long as it would be a reasonable fee, I'd rather have to pay for this site than see it disappear.

You could maybe even have limited free stuff (possibly the Daily top 10 &/or the 10 newest list &/or the RSS feed), but require payment for full access to everything else.

Date: June 14, 2006 04:22PM

That is a last resort. Depends how many people would be willing to pay, the server I may need to get is $200 a month. So if we had 20 people paying it would be $10 a month it would cover it. Also with the money generated through the ads on the site we may be able to even charge less then that. But like I said that is the very last resort. If I can hold out a bit longer before having to move to a new server the ads alone may be able to carry this site. It all depends if the hosting company gives us the boot now.

Posted by: steve-oPlac (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 14, 2006 02:16AM

NOOOO!!!!! This can't become a paysite!!!! That would suck....

Date: October 14, 2006 05:31AM

It doesn't seem to look like I am going to have to go that route.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.