HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Member Map
Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 21, 2006 05:22AM

The member map does not seem to work well, (unless I am doing something wrong), when a person just gives a state. If they supply a city and a state it works real nice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Member Map
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 21, 2006 03:39PM

Yes I have noticed that too, people have to remember that this is an internation program so if you something like Rome, there are 8 million Rome's through out the world. The program will only pick up the most popular one in Italy. For less popular places it will just say not found. In America I find the best way of listing on Google Earth is to put in your zipcode. This always works and shows just your town. For people from small towns they my not feel comfortable with that, so I understand the wanting to list your state.

I think the other problem is that people don't check to see if their listing worked after they add their location.

Posted by: IndianaZephyr (12.153.206.---)
Date: April 21, 2006 10:24PM

Yeah, I'm from a very small town, and it kinda freaks me out a little. I don't like giving out too much information on the internet. But, I guess I have gotten to where I trust you guys. smiling smiley

Posted by: [email protected] (---.com)
Date: April 22, 2006 01:54AM

Are you men policemen?

No ma'am. We're musicians.

Date: April 22, 2006 04:40AM

BlueWest wrote:

> Are you men policemen?
>
> No ma'am. We're musicians.

lol

Date: April 22, 2006 04:42AM

shotokando wrote:

> Yeah, I'm from a very small town, and it kinda freaks me out a
> little. I don't like giving out too much information on the
> internet. But, I guess I have gotten to where I trust you
> guys. smiling smiley

You still should be careful because not only do the people on the website have your information but anyone who isn't a member has the ability to view the google earth maps as well. I could make it a member only feature if it would make people feel better.

Posted by: IndianaZephyr (12.153.206.---)
Date: April 23, 2006 12:06AM

Actually, I would like that. I don't like the idea of just anybody knowing where I am, even if it is just a general vicinity.

Date: April 23, 2006 04:30AM

it is only adding a little bit of coding to do it, but if it will make people feel better about it I can do it. I live in a village of 14,000 people and a county of 2.4 million so I don't think about things like that. My high school graduating class was 1,300, so by me a small town is 6,000.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.