HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
spell
Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2006 03:27AM

My posts coulde be improved if there were a spell checkker.

smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: spell
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 23, 2006 04:02AM

I have been thinking about changed everything over to a new forum, but I just don't have the time to work on that project.

Posted by: IndianaZephyr (12.153.206.---)
Date: March 25, 2006 05:48AM

A grammar check would be nice too! winking smiley I have been thinking about changed? lol. Just messin with ya.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 06:24AM

I just write my posts in word and then copy and post them on the site.

Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 04:15PM

I hadd bettor dood that to.

Posted by: alejol (---.dyn.grandenetworks.net)
Date: March 27, 2006 12:24PM

That's probably the best way to do this; write the posts in your favorite word processor or text editor, use the spelling/grammar check tools that come with that, then cut/paste into the forum. An extra step, but it's worth it. I go with that extra step even in forums that have all those tools, and even when writing email.

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 27, 2006 03:38PM

All that cut & paste is too much work, IMO. Admittedly, some grammar & spelling on boards can be atrocious, but that's just part of it, so why not just go with the spontaneity of using the online editor box? I personally find spell checkers to be inadequate, because they don't (and can't, at least for now) catch situations such as "PRINCIPAL / PRINCIPLE" or "LOOSE / LOSE". The spelling will be correct according to the checker, but the word is still wrong. Neither spelling checkers nor grammar checkers will catch those kinds of definition-based spelling errors. I must, however concede that spell checkers do help eliminate most errors that result from sloppy typing. (I.E.: adn, teh, fo, et. al.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.