HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Client app?
Posted by: Mike_Cartier (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: March 08, 2006 05:55AM

Hey guys,
I know that it was once mentioned that a client application could be developed for use with harp tabs.

Would anyone have interest in this?

I mean, I know it would take away from your webtraffic, and maybe advertising flow, but it also give some benefits for people on dialup.

For example, a user could use a client app to search harptabs database for a tab, then download it to their pc. Then a user could have a collection of their favorite tabs on the local pc so that they wouldn't need an internet connection open to play.

You could also make the app log on to the website before any tab searching could be done, so that you could possibly charge for a subscription to mitigate some of the lost revenu for you.

I've been dinking around with a basic interface in Delphi and I think it could be easy to develop a installed application that could work.

Let me know what you guys think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Client app?
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 08, 2006 09:26PM

I have all of the details worked out for the program in my head but having the time to program them is the problem. This month I have 30 things on my task list to finish by the end of the month so I just have been way to busy to put the time in to do it.

Posted by: Mike_Cartier (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: March 09, 2006 03:19AM

Hey Nick,
Yeah that's cool, I understand your busy.
I guess I was offering to help if you wanted me to.
Let me know.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 09, 2006 04:51AM

I understand that you want to help out, but I don't think there is a big demand for the software. Which is another reason I haven't be rushing to get it done.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.