HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Now Post Your Photo
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 28, 2005 05:51AM

You can now post your photo on the site. Just go into your profile and upload the photo. This will fix a lot of the problems people were having when trying to upload photos. If you have uploaded your photo in the past please upload it using the new method. I would like to get everyone on the same system so I can remove the old one which isn't as efficient.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Now Post Your Photo
Date: December 28, 2005 07:11AM

Well do to other updates I made to the site I had to get rid of the old way all together. But now when you go to the page that shows who is logged on you will the posted photo of each member.

Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: December 28, 2005 03:18PM

Nice feature.

I guess I should find a picture.

Date: December 28, 2005 04:30PM

It would be great if everyone could have a photo up. When I do the messaging feature photos will be used along with the usernames. So photos are going to get used much more often.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: December 28, 2005 08:25PM

awesome Nick! It's always soo kewl to be able to see who we're talkin' too. I generally take an awlful picture, but the photo I have up, my son took of me a few years ago. I like it because it's a natural smile, yet the angle is "off" in a fun way, as only a kid can do. I look pretty much the same now-a-days, except my hair is about a foot longer because I haven't been able to afford a haircut in over a year... I pay extra to have mine cut because it is soo long ($50. bucks!).

When I'm old & grey, I'll be one of those granny's with a huge bun on top of my head. (giggle))))

Anyway, I must say, this site is lookin' better & better all the time. I love it here, and pray Harptabs has a long & happy life!

BTW, today I've been playin' the harmonica for exactly 5 months. I signed on to Harptabs within 24 hours of getting my 1st harmonica. When I have a bad time playin' my harmonica, like I did yesterday, I have to remind myself that I'm a "baby" in the scheme of things & not to be soo hard on myself. (smile))) I think it was a God thang that I discovered Harptabs soo quickly because I'm not soo sure how well I would have continued, if it wasn't for the encouragement & support I've gotten here.

You're the best, Nick! ***hugs***

~always Maria.

Date: December 28, 2005 08:37PM

Thank you smiling smiley. Unfortunately when I switched to the new photo system you picture no longer is on the site. You need to reupload it and have it on the new way for it all to work properly.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: December 28, 2005 10:26PM

djlactose wrote: Unfortunately when I switched to the new photo system you picture no longer is on the site.

no kiddin'! lol After I posted earlier, I noticed that my PIC was gone... so then, I tried to use the harptabs/zephyrazure link you provided me, and that didn't work. Then I tried using my website with the photo, and that didn't work either. Just about the time I was getting ready to write you, I finally remember to try uploadin' the PIC from my system, and it worked! lol Of course, I had trouble getting it because it was soo simple! (chuckling)))

~always Maria.

Date: December 29, 2005 05:21AM

As long as you got it lol

Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas1.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: January 25, 2006 10:08PM

Hey Nick,

My picture seems to take a loooonnnnnggg time to come up. Everyone else's seems to almost pop up compared to mine.

Did I upload it wrong?

Date: January 26, 2006 02:35AM

Most likely your photo takes so long to load because it is bigger then everyone elses. I have to change the coding to automatically thumbnail all of the photos, but again free time is a killer.

Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 26, 2006 03:36PM

You might try using something like Ignite to compress your photos before you upload them. It gives you better control over quality/compression and other attributes that contribute to picture size than the adjustments usually found in most graphics software. You can't actually edit the picture in Ignite, but you can make it much smaller without loosing too much in the way of quality. Most any photo I put on the web I run through this first. I also usually keep an "uncompressed" original on CD just in case someone wants a better quality photo, but if its something like the photo of me playing the harp that I have on my profile, I just keep the one that I've uploaded.

Here's the link where Ignite can be found: [www.ignite-it.co.uk].

It's almost free (well, technically it can be free, but the author strongly encourages you to donate at least £10 (roughly $15 - $20) or more (if you see fit). The software does require you to register after 30 days, but you don't have to pay anything up front. You will receive 2 e-mails after registering asking you to contribute, but that's it. Whether you pay or not, once you've registered, the software is yours. At least that's the way it used to work when I got hold if it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.