HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Congras pcguyiv
Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 08, 2006 05:47PM

I've often thought it needed to be revamped. While I do understand the significance of what songs see the most traffic, you can't underestimate the fact that someone who has more songs could collectively have just as many if not more hits as someone with only a few songs. I'd rather see it based on sheer number of tabs alone than the way it is now.

As far as forum posts counting toward your rating, I'm not so sure that they should. While an active forum can certainly be an attribute, it might should have it's own independent rank that doesn't necessarily affect your membership ranking on the main site. The only reason I can see that is because then you also have a way for someone who doesn't contribute much in the way of primary content (tabs) rising further up the ranks than someone with more tab posts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 08, 2006 07:36PM

I am going to revamp the system right now and it should give a much larger "bonus" to those people who have posted a lot of tabs.

Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 08, 2006 09:39PM

Great! That's as it should be. I've often felt that my being up that high was undeserved when there were so many others with more tabs than me. My whole goal in climbing that high was to knock the #2 spot (who only had 1 post) down a notch or two.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 09, 2006 04:44AM

The way the old system worked was to figure out what the average number of views for each tabs were and then dividing that number by three and add it to the rest of the points as a bonus. The idea was that the people who posted the most, popular tabs would get more points. The problem occur when the number of views for just one posted tab was very large. Now the new system is much more complicated and people below 1000 points don't recieve the bonus.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.