HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
system was down?
Posted by: [email protected] (68.144.64.---)
Date: December 21, 2005 05:36AM

Let me guess. We hit the monthly bandwidth limits and were disconnected?

Just how much bandwidth is the site using?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: system was down?
Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 21, 2005 02:47PM

I don't think that was it, otherwise, I don't know that the site would necessarily be up today. Nick said there was a problem with the server, and apparently it wasn't resolved until almost 22:00 CST last night.

Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: December 21, 2005 03:07PM

I missed Harptabs yesterday too! I tell ya, my world isn't complete until I click in for my morning check in. (wink, grin)))

Can't stand those pesky server problems, but I'm glad to see Harptabs up and runnin today. (smile)))

~always Maria.

Date: December 21, 2005 03:44PM

Check this out:

[harpinaway.blogspot.com]

My post for yesterday (Dec 20) was written somewhat in response to yesterday's outtage.

Oh yeah, feel free to read the other stuff, too, but the one for Dec. 20th is the most relevant.

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 21, 2005 05:09PM

pcguyiv wrote:

> Check this out:
>
> [harpinaway.blogspot.com]
>
> My post for yesterday (Dec 20) was written somewhat in response
> to yesterday's outtage.
>
> Oh yeah, feel free to read the other stuff, too, but the one
> for Dec. 20th is the most relevant.

Lol I love the post. The web server just crashed yesterday, I don't exactly know why but they got it up and running late yesterday. As for Bandwidth used going back three weeks from today the total number of Bytes served is 1,957,868,008. That is just three weeks so that isn't even a month. I am hitting the bandwidth limit the second week of each month now lol. So I will be moving the site to a new host after the holidays. During that time this site will not be fully up to prevent someone from posting on the old server as the switch to the new server happens.

Once I sign up for the new server and get everything configured, posting will be off for about a 24 hour period (just until everyone is automatically moved to the new server).

Date: December 21, 2005 06:03PM

roflamo Frank!

That's great. I didn't know you had a blog... but I swear, you put into words exactly how I was feeling yesterday. (chuckling)))

Nick, could you write a post to the board to notify us right before we get ready to connect to a new server... So I won't go into a decline when I can't sign on for 24 hours. A little advanced notice will help me prepare myself. (giggle)))

~always Maria.

Date: December 21, 2005 07:09PM

Here is the steps for the web server change.

1. Sign up with new hosting company
2. Copy the website over to the new webserver
3. Create databases on new webserver
4. Backup databases on the current site.
5. Load database onto the new server
6. Test new server to make sure the site is working properly.
7. Shutdown posting of data on current site.
8. Backup databases on the current site.
9. Import Databases to the new webserver.
10. Switch the domain referrence to the new server.

Steps 7,8,9,10 will all be done within a short period of time, the part that takes a while is the domain name update going out across the internet. It can take up to 3 days for all of the servers to find out about the change, but for the most part people should start to see the new site within 24 hours. I am thinking I will have a progress page on the website so that everyone will know where I am in the process and how much longer till posting is turnned off.

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 21, 2005 11:01PM

Yes... Thank you!

Advanced warning would be very nice and greatly appreciated.

I don't enjoy going through those lovely "withdrawl" symptoms.

That's probably the worst I've had it, simply because that's about the longest the site's been down. I know it's crashed before, but it's always been up in a couple of hours. It was down a good part of they day, yesterday, though.

I guess it's horrible of me to compare any site to an addiction, but the mind numbing "I've gotta get my fix" feeling that just washed over me was undeniable.

Date: December 22, 2005 03:37AM

I am glad you like the site so much but now I feel like a drug dealer lol.

Date: December 22, 2005 05:41AM

That's kind of why I said I felt horrible about the comparison, but I couldn't think of anything else.

Date: December 22, 2005 06:28AM

LOL its ok.

Date: December 22, 2005 06:15PM

LOL This thread has given me the biggest giggle, and is a great example of why I miss it soo much when it's down. This site give me an "ecstasy" I can't get anywhere else! roflmao

hehehe I couldn't resist that one (wink, grin)))

Anyway, progress reports as we change servers would be greatly appreciated. (smile))) In spite of the addictions, what you did here Nick, is really a good thang.... errr, I should say, "God thang!"

~always Maria.

Date: December 22, 2005 06:54PM

lol, well i have a little surprise i am working on right now as i type this message. I should have it done in a little while.

Date: December 22, 2005 08:02PM

awww... perhaps that's why I'm currently getting some weirdness on this site.

At the top of the page, above the add I've got this line showing:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{' in /home/virtual/site264/fst/var/www/html/whosehere.php on line 5

And when I tried to log in, a page popped up with this info in it:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{' in /home/virtual/site264/fst/var/www/html/whosehere.php on line 5

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site264/fst/var/www/html/whosehere.php:5) in /home/virtual/site264/fst/var/www/html/login.php on line 14

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site264/fst/var/www/html/whosehere.php:5) in /home/virtual/site264/fst/var/www/html/login.php on line 15
You are not Authorized.

Date: December 22, 2005 08:04PM

That is me working on the site. I am working on adding a new feature and you are seeing the coding errors as I am working.

Date: February 18, 2006 07:21PM

The site transfer progress can now be viewed on the left as the last link.

Date: February 19, 2006 07:00PM

thanx Nick... nice way of letting us know the process of what's goin' on. I did miss ya guys yesterday. (smile)))

~always Maria.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.