HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
New Design
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 11, 2005 06:53AM

Please let me know what you all think of the new design and let me know if you find any problems with the way things are displayed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Design
Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: September 11, 2005 04:47PM

whooo hooooo.... way to go Nick! This site looks great!

~always Maria.

Date: September 12, 2005 04:51AM

Thanks I am glad people like the design.

Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 12, 2005 02:21PM

On the whole, the site looks great. I have run across only 2 issues, and one of them is very minor:

The minor issue involves the title on the Forum page. It changes from the same font and size as the rest of the titles on the other pages to a different font at a smaller size.

This bigger issue apparently only affects Internet Explorer users. I say that because I don't seem to have this problem in Firefox. When displayed in Internet Explorer, there are 2 extra blank menu frames between the actual navigation menu and the content. In Firefox, these extra 2 menu panes don't show up, and the page displays like I assume it is supposed to, with the menu stripe on the left and right next to it, the content of the page.

Date: September 12, 2005 02:35PM

One thing I might suggest to add a little bit of visual interest, since you aren't using the picture buttons for the menu any more, would be to make the menu links bold (and possibly italicised as well).

Date: September 12, 2005 03:40PM

I agree w/ Frank about the bolding the headings. My old eyeballs have a hard time seeing sometimes. (grin)))

~always Maria.

Date: September 13, 2005 03:19AM

No problem that is easy to do.

Date: September 13, 2005 03:28AM

Let me know if it should still be changed more?

Date: September 13, 2005 02:16PM

Looks great! It also appears that you managed to fix the issue with Internet Explorer. The only thing now (and again, it's very minor) is the issue with the font change when you go to the forum page. I've e-mailed you some screen shots of both Firefox and Internet Explorer to show you what I'm talking about. It's not a big deal, but a small amount of visual continuity is lost.

Posted by: djlactose (198.72.9.---)
Date: September 13, 2005 02:46PM

I hate this forum software, but it is so integrated now and would be so difficult to switch to something else that we are kind of stuck with it. I had to customize each page manually to get it to work with the site properly and I got lazy towards the end and didn't do the fonts and everything else. The main problem is the forum software overwrites what I define so I have to go through the source code figure out where the font is being changed and then remove that code so it will use my font settings. Maybe if I get my to-do list low enough I will do it (I added three things for every one item I remove).

Date: September 13, 2005 04:20PM

It is much easier on me to read... thanx! (grin)))

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 13, 2005 06:24PM

I kind of figured that was the case. When the forum page first loads, all the fonts match, but then it switches as soon as the content comes up. That's kind of why I figured it had something to do with the forum.

As stated, though, it looks great.

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 16, 2005 06:07PM

With the new design of the site, I don't know that the print window for the songs is completely necessary, but if it is kept, it would be good if it's font could be changed to Courier as well.

Date: September 16, 2005 07:05PM

Sure I can set that up. It is easy to do. The benifit of the print window is that you don't have to print out all of the other crap on the site.

Date: September 16, 2005 07:08PM

Ok I changed the font on the print view.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.