HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Member listings
Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: January 02, 2012 08:22AM

I have just had the inclination to message a particular member personaly. I believe he is a newer member. How do you do that?

The list is several thousands of members, his name is in there somewhere.

This member I think has not put up a song from which I can click his name and get onto his page

He has put up a post in forum (phorum) but I dont see how to go to message him from there when it gives me just the info that he is hidden

Now to the point of all this, "Why can't we have members listed alphabetically, by name, not as is at present by number of points gained, we all know the respected Waltp is number one (isn't he) but where is my prospective mesagee in all this listing. I do not know how many points he has gained enough for me to close in on him in the list so for the moment I give up".

Can anyone help me close in on a newer member, one suggestion of my own, start at the bottom end list and work back to start, maybe easier, any advance on that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Member listings
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 02, 2012 01:47PM

go to google search type in his screen name and harptabs

Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: January 02, 2012 07:43PM

Well done Waltp, all in one sentence, thanks, I'll try it.

I did it, worked a treat

PS "all in one sentence"

I mean, unlike my long winded question

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2012 07:55PM by harmusman.

Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2012 08:30PM

You can to go compose and just type the name of the person you want to message and it will list the member names that match.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.adams.net)
Date: January 02, 2012 09:39PM

Why was it when I left a request for a song to be tabbed out that it put anonumus i clicked to sign it but I posted it twice but both where that way

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.adams.net)
Date: January 02, 2012 09:44PM

Boy see what i mean I not a smart man but I know what my is and momma never called me anonymous

Posted by: meanon (92.107.180.---)
Date: January 08, 2012 04:09PM

You're anonymous too. So am I (me).

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.187.---)
Date: January 08, 2012 08:14PM

Mr. Anonymous User, what name did you sign up under? What name should be showing when you try to sign in and post something?

Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: January 12, 2012 09:58AM

Anonymous User, have you tried clicking on the control center (located at the top of the box where you respond in the forums) and click on edit profile that will show a block that says real name and you can type in whatever name you want us to know you as. That should work for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.