HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Tab text size
Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: November 30, 2011 09:28PM

Can anyone tell me why my Tabs at font size 12 come out so small? I have experimented and used size 14 but this is too big. I am using microsoft New courier font and pasting on to Harptabs.com. I see that Waltp's new entries are of a readable size text and some other members entries a similar to mine, small.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tab text size
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 30, 2011 10:57PM

It's probably because I use the old text editor instead of the advanced editor. I found the advanced to be too problematic, but I do wish it worked. All my tabs are done in 12 point.

Date: December 02, 2011 02:46PM

Thanks for answering Walt. I too got on OK with the old method and have found the new system problematic but am now using it, but still with this size point issue. I have been up and down the size points list and not found anything acceptable to me. I am now going to use point size 12 and if anyone finds this too small to follow, I suggest they magnify the text with their + % magnifier facility.
Walt how are you able to still use the old text system are you going straight onto Harptabs tab window and not pasting from your microsoft processor?

Posted by: WaltP (---.omnispring.net)
Date: December 03, 2011 08:39PM

First I tab on word and then copy and paste

Posted by: ,,, (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2011 06:44AM

^I do that and it still inserts random lines that can't be taken out no matter how I edit it, and basically makes me look like a sloppy idiot to anyone looking at my tabs who hasn't tried posting any themselves and thus knows the system is that crappy.

That was a very long sentence. That's because it took a very long sentence to describe how awful the editor is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 06:45AM by ,,,.

Date: December 05, 2011 11:04AM

Walt and all, I do now use my word, copy then paste, which puts my tab into Harptabs.com add tab window box. I have worked out that this window takes only 42 text spaces so I use only that or under 42. Anything over 42 spaces is put onto a new line by the add tab window and therefore the result is a jumble with no sync between text and tab numbers. Back to the sizing of text, font 12 comes out too small, font 14 (the next size bigger) comes out too big, even a short song has to be scrolled up more than one page. As for line spacing, don't even bother to space anything on your word, the add on window box does it for you, but not always correctly. This new system has been a pain, editing after, has been a problem also. The old system (which Walt says he can still use, I don't see how though) was comparatively easy. All problems started from the time Webmaster moved that advertising bar on the right inwards. Gene has been imploring him to move it back. It's webmasters site so I think we will have to just get round the problems for ourselves, and if anyone thinks the tabs put up dont make sense, well that's it, we are trying our best.

Date: December 05, 2011 11:38AM

O.K call me a liar! I have just looked at the latest 10 tabs put up and CJD "Blues Practice Piece" has a text line of 402 spaces. I actually counted them! OMG I've gotta getta life. All ten entries differ in text,some being small size, some big,some tab numbers under the line, oh no they're not, they are on top of the line but with large spacing between them and their lyrics line. Webmaster this does not make for pleasant use.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.187.---)
Date: December 05, 2011 02:03PM

I get the jumbled tabs and extra spaces, too. This is the only thing I've found that works (for me & my operating system). It isn't quite as easy as copy and paste, but at least it gets the job done. See if the following works for you.

1) Use the Phorum's composition tool, from any window used for drafting a message whether it be "new topic" or "reply" or etc.,

2) Click the "Formatted code" button, bracketed code and end of code appear,

3) paste from Word document in between code and end of code,

4) select all, copy and paste to the website,

and VIOLA!! It's there and perfect! (except there is the visible bracketted code at the top and the bottom of the body of the tab, BUT THATS FINE!!!)
smileys with beer

Hope this helps. I know the frustration you're going through.

confused smileyRe: Tab text size
Date: December 05, 2011 03:21PM

Thanks EarthDogHarpin seeing that I,ve only just recently de-coded how to "word ,copy,paste", I thought my troubles were over. I will try your recipe when I get another song tab to put up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.