HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
edit problems again
Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: August 12, 2011 04:16PM

Just made minor adjustment to my tab "the very thought of you" resaved song, then got it back up to find that tab numbers are not in sync with words. So tried again and find that it is perfect when viewed in the tabbing text window but when it is brought back up from a-z list it is still just a jumble. Will this be fixed DJ Web manager?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: edit problems again
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: August 12, 2011 09:00PM

I am looking into this now, but so far I am not seeing why it isn't working.

Date: August 15, 2011 12:17PM

This should be fixed now.

Date: August 16, 2011 09:51PM

good news Nick. Thanks for getting it corrected.

Date: August 23, 2011 10:58AM

Sorry to be a pain Nick, but I am still having edit problems with "The very Thought of you" I cant get any spacing between the lines to make it easier to read and I have lost some of the tab numbers halfway through the song.

Date: August 23, 2011 12:30PM

Nick, I have tried to edit this tab again (The very thought of you) and I'm losing my rag! still cant get it spaced, this is best I can do. Will leave as is and anyone wanting to play this can use it as a test for themselves in getting it right.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.187.---)
Date: August 23, 2011 03:08PM

Harmusan, I was having the same problem posting new tabs. I arrived at a fix through trial and error.

Try editing your tab using any of the composition windows in the Phorum, like the one you used to post your message or the one you'd use to reply.

I use the steps below, but for you, in step 3 instead of pasting from a word document you'd copy your tab, post it in the composition window, edit it as you wish, then go to step 4. Once I paste my word document I don't change anything so I don't know if your editing after pasting in the Phorum composition window will mess things up, but, it's worth a try. :

1) Use the Phorum's composition tool, from any window used for drafting a message whether it be "new topic" or "reply" or etc.,

2) Click the "Formatted code" button, bracketed code and end of code appear,

3) paste from Word document in between code and end of code,

4) select all, copy and paste to the website,

See if that works. Would appreciate any feedback either way.

Date: August 26, 2011 11:29PM

Thanks for your help Earthdog. I will try what you have put up for the editing problem, but I have just today entered a completely new Tab, "Just An Old Fashioned Girl" this was a disaster and I got Nick to have a look at it, he has made some adjustment to the programme and so I am going to try again with this new tab, I will do an edit for "the very thought of you using your instructions and let you know how I get on later. Thanks again.

Date: August 27, 2011 01:33PM

I have added the ability to turn off the new edit system which should allow the people having problems to just turn off the system and do it the old way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.