HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
"New" broke
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: August 02, 2011 12:41AM

"New" shows up in my Message Lists, but not on my Forum List.
Also, the time stamp is different on the forum list than in the message lists. The time in the message lists is how I set it, but the time on the forum list is the site's default.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 12:43AM by gene.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "New" broke
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: August 02, 2011 12:56PM

I am confused lol... what do you mean by message list?

Date: August 02, 2011 05:10PM

The forum list shows the furums (General, Harmonica Chat, Requests, etc.). Once you click on one of those forums, you see the message list for that forum.

Date: August 02, 2011 10:59PM

It works when I pull it up... I am not sure why it wouldn't work for you. It most likely is some sort of cookie thing. Try clearing your cookies and see if that helps.

Date: August 03, 2011 02:23AM

I don't understand this stuff. I cleared my cookies. That had no effect on the time stamp issue. I would have expected it to reset my time zone setting to default.

I logged on at the bottom of a thread, then went to the forum list where I noticed another log on button. Whenn I logged on there, my time zone setting took effect. So, that's resolved.

I'll know soon enough if the "New" thing is fixed.

Edit:
Oops. I spoke too soon. The message list shows last message posted at 9:23pm, and the forum list says 10:23pm.

BTW:
Is your time zone the same as the forum's default?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 06:34AM by gene.

Posted by: yukon (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: August 03, 2011 08:01AM

Speaking of time, I posted a couple of tabs and then had to edit them and it shows I edited them before I posted the tab. Also I posted a tab and then went to the forum to post that I posted it, the forum showed the time as 3:51 (which was the right time) and the song shows it posted at 3:08. I know I am not fast at typing but I know it didn't take that long to get to the forum and type in a few words.

Date: August 03, 2011 11:48AM

The default time on the forum is my default time. I believe the issue you described is caused by the forum running in a frame... I have noticed that same thing and thought it was a browser cookie issue. If I refresh my screen it is fixed so I thought it was loading the page from cache... It might however be the server itself caching the page, it was something I had ignored because I thought I was the only one getting it. I will play with some stuff and see what happens. Did this happen when you used to use the old forum link?

Date: August 03, 2011 11:49AM

yukon, that was a know issue that I could never figure out what was causing it. I believe I know how to fix that now however and will make a change.

Date: August 03, 2011 07:04PM

Back to the "New" thing:
There are two log in buttons for the forum. One is at the bottom of the threads. When I log in there, I stay logged in and "New" shows from the message lists.

The other log in button is at the top of the forum list. When I log in there, "New" shows up on the forumm list, but every time I navigate away from that page, I have to log in again when I come back. There is no "Remember Me" box to check.

Date: August 04, 2011 02:38AM

yukon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Speaking of time, I posted a couple of tabs and
> then had to edit them and it shows I edited them
> before I posted the tab. Also I posted a tab and
> then went to the forum to post that I posted it,
> the forum showed the time as 3:51 (which was the
> right time) and the song shows it posted at 3:08.
> I know I am not fast at typing but I know it
> didn't take that long to get to the forum and type
> in a few words.

I have fixed this issue

Date: August 05, 2011 02:33PM

I have been playing with some server config which I think may help this. Let me know if it still is happening.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.