HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Drop adding tabs as HTML
Posted by: morbius (---.109.242.158.tellas.gr)
Date: July 14, 2011 11:58PM

This feature is seriously broken, when I try to paste the tab from text editor into the textbox, new HTML editor decides to play smartass and interpret what I wanted to do in its own mixed up way. No matter how much I tried I couldn't get it to stop screwing up with line breaks, even when I edited HTML manually. Please, remove this novelty altogether, it is more trouble than it's worth, the old text box where you could old fashionably paste as plain text was working without glitches.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Drop adding tabs as HTML
Posted by: djlactose (Moderator)
Date: July 15, 2011 12:16AM

It should not do the automatic formatting anymore unless you select the box to do it.

Posted by: morbius (---.on3.ontelecoms.gr)
Date: July 15, 2011 09:18AM

Nope, tried to edit my broken tab and it still adds invalid <br /> tag at the end of lines, you can see the result here:
[www.harptabs.com]

Date: July 15, 2011 11:56AM

This problem is dues to the fact that the page needs to be rendered different if it was the old version or the new version. You tab did not have any of the identifiers I have been using so I added a new one that your tab did have. This is going to happen once in a while as long as we want to support both formats (which will most likely be forever).

Posted by: harpo2500 (---.cdrr.qwest.net)
Date: July 15, 2011 12:19PM

I am having the same problems when I try to change old tabs. I just screwed up my Getting Better tab is way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 12:19PM by harpo2500.

Date: July 15, 2011 01:51PM

That tab looks fine to me... what is the problem with Getting Better?

Posted by: harpo2500 (---.cdrr.qwest.net)
Date: July 15, 2011 02:36PM

At first when I edited it, it turned out a mess so later I changed it to a different format to see what it would do. It seems to have fixed it but I still had to get the numbers lined back up with the words. I guess the problem is more with the auto formatting.

Date: July 15, 2011 03:05PM

The auto-formatting isn't occurring anymore is it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.