HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
would be nice to update/correct some tabs
Posted by: fbc (---.megared.net.mx)
Date: March 11, 2011 08:32PM

Some tabs have the note running up into each other left justified. It's almost like if there was once a script that after someone uploaded a tab, it would go through and remove the extra spaces or somthing.

I've already corrected them on a lot of the tabs that I've downloaded, however it would be nice to correct them on the original uploaded version.

Maybe we can switch to a wiki format for the tabs. That way everyone who wants to update a tab, should not have a problem doing it.

Also switching the site to a CMS like joomla should help alot for th eocntinuity of the website.

It's looks like a mish-mosh of php scripts. It would be nice to unify everything with a template and get everything more community related functions.

However, thank you for what you've already done. I've received alot of enjoyment from playing with all these tabs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: would be nice to update/correct some tabs
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: March 12, 2011 02:08AM

Do your tabbing in your word processor using Courier New font, then copy/paste it into the tab box. That should keep the tab looking the way you originally typed it.

Posted by: fbc (---.megared.net.mx)
Date: March 12, 2011 04:34PM

Yes that I understand. I'm refering to a way of being able to correct and update those that are already uploaded.

Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: March 13, 2011 02:34AM

You can log on, view your tab and click "edit this song." As for everybody else's, that's up to them...if they're still here.

Posted by: djlactose (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 15, 2011 01:51AM

This has been discussed in depth in the past people don't want anyone to make corrections to tabs other than the authors.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.