HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Nick: I Have a Que$tion
Posted by: gene (---.swbell.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 08:44PM

I was thinking you could give us a sense of security and make a couple of billion dollars if you could sell downloadable files of all the tabs here. People could buy/download the file, and once they have, they could download your monthly(?) updates for free whenever they want to.

It sounds doable, but possibly with one big stopper:
Would this violate copyright laws?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nick: I Have a Que$tion
Posted by: TIN_MAN (---.bla801.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: February 02, 2011 12:14PM

hell yes!!!

firstly you can download it so to speak through and into bendometer

and Gene i dont know about you but the premise here is Free
if all of a sudden that changes well then KA CHING!!

because i want to get paid!!! for each and every tab and view or download!!

(we didnt do this to make Nick Rich???!!!! ) no offence Nick we love you as you well know but not that much!!!
afterall i could put my daugher through College with what id get!
Walt could retire and double his super
Aussie could put a dam in his dust bucket (or buy a fan for that hot hell hole!!)

and Steve could finally stop "checkin" his tabs and run off to join the Chicago blues scene!!

(what about the lifetime supply of nana's you could get !!??)

Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 08:09PM

The website is free and always will be. What I'm suggesting is a downloadable file of the tabs that people could buy if they so choose. I wouldn't want or expect any money, but Nick deserves it for creating this wonderful and unique site. With enough income, he could afford a really good server and transform this site into something reall state-of-the-art.
(And have incentive to keep this site alive forever.) If for any reason this site should go down, wouldn't it be nice to still have the tabs?

I hope he knows about "The Way Back Machine."

Posted by: djlactose (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 05, 2011 04:43PM

At one point I had talked about doing a book and making that available but most people didn't like that idea. On the new website we should be able to do things like this on smartphones, computers and tablets... but that would still be a ways away.

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 05, 2011 05:30PM

You'd make a great I-Pod or I-Pad app

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.