HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
New Tabs...?
Posted by: IanKnights (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: July 22, 2010 04:50PM

Tried to add a song tab twice and both times it has been 'lost' and a message comes up in red saying "error adding tab" and suggesting it is already in existence. But, I can't find it in the tab listings.....help please?

Thanks.

Post Edited (2010-07-22 12:50:52)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Tabs...?
Posted by: yukon (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: July 22, 2010 05:26PM

Try changing your title a little by adding something to it, like putting a number after the title or something in parenthesis, for example: The Rose, could be listed as, The Rose2, or The Rose (another version). When searching for it, are you using the "tabs by letter" to find it, as that would be the easiest way to look for it.

Date: July 22, 2010 07:24PM

Cheers Scott - I feel a bit dim now you have pointed out the obvious to me.

Maybe once I have posted as many tabs as you have I might just start to get the hang of it....!

Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: October 22, 2010 12:08PM

Ian, I have just had the same problem. Have searched all over for the song title in other forms as well as mine and no result. So tried this, just entered the title, writers name, harp type as previous and bingo all this went in the list, of course this was all that went in, so then deleted and the title etc, was removed. but this does show that the title will be accepted. Haven't got the whole song in yet, as I have now been thwarted by electric power cuts which crash down my PC.

Date: November 04, 2010 08:27PM

Darned Gremlins!!

That's a good idea though, Cliff. I will have to try that myself next time I get a quiet hour to tab something out. It should prevent my time being wasted and the frustration that I experienced last time around!

Post Edited (2010-11-04 16:54:20)

Date: November 05, 2010 12:04PM

Ian, at the moment power cuts have ended and I have been able to paste in tabs as well as going straight into the site. I re-did the tab that was refused first time, it went in with no trouble in same format as when first submitted. As for uploading pics I'm having same probs as you, can't get my old pic back in so it is not size that is at fault as djlactose suggests.

Date: November 05, 2010 06:50PM

Lets hope Nick gets a chance to rid us of the gremlin soon enough - I feel incomplete without a picture on my profile... smiling smiley

Date: November 08, 2010 12:11AM

yes it's like ones account is incomplete without a picture.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.