HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Song Search
Posted by: wcpom (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: July 02, 2010 10:03AM

Am I the only one that has a problem with the google search on this site? The results are unclear and in no useful sequence.

The old search used to get you directly to what you were looking for, if it was available. Now you have to wade through Google sponsored ads and other peoples favourites lists to try and find what your looking for. You also used to be able to get a neat list of all the songs by one artist.

Can't we go back to the old search?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Song Search
Posted by: yukon (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: July 02, 2010 03:14PM

Yeah, old search was better, but all is not lost. If you go to the left of the screen to "tabs listing", you have a few options, you can click on "tabs by letter" and across the top of that screen you can choose a letter and search for tabs that way. You can also click on "list all tabs", at that screen you can click on any of the headings, (song name, by, genre, posted by, or views) and it will put it in alphabetical or numerical order by the heading that you click, it may not look in any order at first but that is due to spacing or special marks used in the titles, but as you go down you will start to see the order.

Posted by: wcpom (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: July 03, 2010 06:31AM

Thanks Yukon that is very helpful. But I would still like to see the old search back.

Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: July 03, 2010 10:23PM

Me too.

Posted by: IanKnights (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: July 04, 2010 05:54PM

Thought it was just my PC playing up so glad to find out others don't find the current search any use either!

Posted by: Werkis2 (95.68.90.---)
Date: July 04, 2010 08:06PM

Me all time using display all - and im not clicking on result links - i allways use open link in new tab so can check out faster smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.