HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
More Options for Chromatic
Posted by: hardharper23 (---.9.31.96.cable.dyn.premieronline.net)
Date: March 08, 2010 09:41PM

I think that since chromatic harmonica have different amount of holes, then when you select chromatic you also put in the recommended amount of holes being 10, 12, 16, or others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Options for Chromatic
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: March 08, 2010 11:45PM

That would be OK.

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 09, 2010 01:27AM

Oh wonderful. OK all mine are for a regular 12-holer. But considering how many different types of chroms there are wouldn't it get complicated?

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.189.---)
Date: June 09, 2010 05:37PM

I was kinda wondering the same thing. Don't forget about the 14-hole Chromes out there, as well.

I tried adding "for 16 hole Chromatic" to the title of a couple tabs, but usually ran out of room! Ah, well.

Date: June 09, 2010 05:45PM

Actually, by convention, chrom tabs usuallly stay the same for most of the different sized harps. It's only when you get away from solo tuning that problems arise. Holes below middle C are denoted uniquely depending on the tabber, I suggested underlining, but different key strokes for different key folks. Otherwise 1 is still C, etc.

Posted by: mattd60 (---.bois.qwest.net)
Date: June 09, 2010 09:20PM

i use a ten hole chromatic and have not found any chromatic tabs that i can't play with it yet

Date: June 09, 2010 09:24PM

Matt, is it a Koch or a slide harp, in which case it's Richter, like the diatonic, with the sharps from the button. If its C reference it to a C diatonic. I love my slide harp.

Posted by: mattd60 (---.bois.qwest.net)
Date: June 10, 2010 02:44PM

It's a slide and I love it, especially because I can play all the sharps with it. I can play most any sheet music as long as its within a two and a half octave range

Date: June 10, 2010 03:40PM

If it's a slide that means you can play virtually all the diatonic tabs on this site, and fix many of them. That one note in the song that just doesn't seem quite right can now be fixed, the only exception is -3 sometimes. You can also do a lot of chording with it. And if you're a blues guy, well, it's still a diatonic, albeit with windsavers. Good luck with it. Another plus, you can tab for it, which is something I don't do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.