HarpTabs.com :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have ideas for the website? Like the way something works? Don't like something? Let us know here. 
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Another Virus
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 04, 2010 07:48PM

And put the virus repair companies out of business, probably not. Don't our computers only "immedietely" detect known viruses? It would also add a level of complexity to the server software, which they would be hard put to charge you for. Does any of this make sense?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 05, 2010 12:02AM

yep

Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: February 05, 2010 12:54AM

This is the first time I've been able to get in all week. And I had to use a different browser to do it.
How is a site labled an "Attack Site"? Can just anybody claim that they picked up a virus at a site, then it's blocked?

Posted by: mattd60 (---.bois.qwest.net)
Date: February 05, 2010 01:10AM

It wouldn't be blocked if someone just said there was a virus. I think there is something that some how attached itself to this website, and your browser see's it and thinks its threat. the big question is if Nick can get rid of it.

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 05, 2010 06:11PM

I was watching the gray bar at the bottom of the harp tab window while the site was loading and was watching the various IP addresses roll by. Then I saw:

http;//gets9gertu86.com/forum/webHumour.pdf

flash by, then I got the bloodhound exploit message. In a moment of foolishness I tried to go to that site and was unable to, however, my computer froze-up so I had to reboot, there were no problems because of it. I just wonder if this is where the virus is coming from? I'm not recommending anyone try this site.

Posted by: dino (---.popl.cable.ntl.com)
Date: February 06, 2010 10:22PM

Hiya Gene yup the virus is back here again I've had the warnings since the 30th of Jan....The warning is still showing on my google chrome browser..but not on Yahoo....my Anti Virus sorts it but its getting a pain..someone must keep posting a link to the Virus or something pfffff

Date: February 06, 2010 10:33PM

I sent a PM to Nick on 1/31. He still hasn't read it.

Posted by: dino (---.popl.cable.ntl.com)
Date: February 07, 2010 04:06PM

I forgot to mention I received the Virus whilst visiting the forum also.

Posted by: mattd60 (---.bois.qwest.net)
Date: February 09, 2010 02:17AM

Did you actually get a virus from here dino? or just an alert?
I went to the website walt mentioned, it was white and a window popped up asking me where to save the download, I might have been foolish to go there, but I sure wasn't foolish enough to let it download. I am getting no virus warnings with google chrome, but all other browsers block it.

Posted by: dino (---.know.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: February 09, 2010 01:43PM

Hiya matt60 no sorry I received a Virus alert telling me a Virus had been blocked when clicking on the forum..whilst using my yahoo browser..

When using Google Chrome it kept showing a Malware warning when I clicked on harptabs..I have unchecked the phishing & malware protection,from under the bonnet in the options tab..just to get rid of the warning,,,my Anti Virus works anyhow...

Date: February 09, 2010 06:10PM

I'm worried about Nick. Being a webmaster, why would he not look in on his site regularly? I know he's busy with a business, but he hasn't been on this site for over a week. My PM to him is still unread. Is he laid up in a hospital (or worse)?

Also, I'm worried about this site. If he's not available to check on the site, is he also not available to make payments to the host? I'm one impulse away from copying this site to disk.

Posted by: dino (---.know.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: February 10, 2010 12:37PM

Well I'm sure Nick is ok,he is probably very busy with work.
If Nick was to wind up Harptabs through problems or lack of funds I'm sure he would let us know first, to give us the chance to copy all our tabs.
All the songs I have tabbed are stored on Harptabs only.

Posted by: Crazy_Man (188.126.206.---)
Date: April 15, 2010 08:49PM

Is this going to be fixed soon?
the website looks so crappy when i have blocked the virus frame with ad-block....

Date: April 16, 2010 02:20AM

It's been fixed.

Date: April 17, 2010 11:36PM

Why is my avast still warning me about a virus then?

Date: April 17, 2010 11:40PM

This is what i wrote 11. jan.

" I uses avast and i getting an warning everytime i load a new site.

needs to be fixed.

File name [www.harptabs.com]

its where it is from"

its the same message i still are getting, and the worst is that this is slowing down my harmonica practicing sad smiley

Date: April 18, 2010 12:20AM

Hmmm....
I dunno. Nick said it was fixed; I figgered it wuz.
I'm not getting any virus warnings.

Posted by: grayharp (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: April 19, 2010 08:17AM

Hi Gene and others
Every time I go to a new page on this forum I get the warning that Avast has detected a virus and has been telling me that since jan.
That's why I haven't been on here a lot lately.
Dunno what to do about it...it's being stopped by Avast but I still have to get rid of the warning box.

Date: April 19, 2010 07:11PM

Nick,
If you ever let this site go, be sure it will still ba available on the Wayback Machine.

Posted by: Spamalot (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: May 03, 2010 08:13PM

Has anyone else been getting crazy virus alerts this past week? I haven't even been able to get on the site.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.