Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Hohner Special 20 *MS*. Didn't know
Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: January 06, 2016 02:49AM

I ran across a Special 20 MS series on ebay. I didn't even know they made the 20 in MS series. The comb looks the same, but the covers are different. I went to Hohners web-site and they have nothing on it. Seems odd.

I just don't understand how they can sell all the different MS series harps at all the different prices, yet they all have the same reeds. To me the quality of the reeds sets the cost. Better reeds, more money. Yet MS harps run from $40 to $123, and they all have the same reeds! That's like orange juice in a clear glass is $1, a blue glass it's $17 and a green glass it's $48. Call me crazy, I'll take the green glass, it must be better in a green glass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hohner Special 20 *MS*. Didn't know
Posted by: harlezy2 (24.211.21.---)
Date: January 06, 2016 09:06AM

That's the name of the game. Make a buck however you can. Put a Packer logo on the green glass and in the right market you can double the $48 dollars. It is up to us as buyers to see through the "eye appeal" and share information that is beneficial to see "real value" and save a buck however we can.

Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: January 10, 2016 03:22AM

As the Special 20's in my harp box die out, they are becoming Seydel Sessions. They have a much wider range of different harps. Highs, Lows, Minors. Plus you have a choice between standard reeds or upgrade to the steel.

I like Sp20's but finding regular replacement reeds is almost impossible. And finding them in Highs lows or minors is also impossible.

Posted by: harlezy2 (24.211.21.---)
Date: January 14, 2016 07:54PM

In 2.5 years of trying to play the harp, I've tried Golden Melody, Special 20, Pure Harp, Lee Oskar, Hohner Marine Band, Suzuki Over Drive, Suzuki Pure Harp, Bushman Delta Frost, Suzuki Bluesmaster, Suzuki Harpmaster (about 10 harps total). None of them last very long. I got the most mileage out of the Suzuki Over Drive (6 months). I found a Seydel 1847 Session Steel on EBay for $60. I'm leaning toward giving that a try. Does anyone know of a cheaper offering for this harp elsewhere?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.