Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
4th note blown sound the exact same as 5th note blown
Posted by: CaikIQ (199.115.114.---)
Date: February 16, 2015 10:16PM

So I bought a Chromatic C Swan harmonica from Amazon a few days ago and was really pleased with how it sounded. No problems from the start, great harmonica.

But today, for whatever reason, the fourth note has changed to a tone that's the exact same as the fifth note. It's only when I blow in, and it's the same when I press the slide button. I've taken off the casing, but not past the reeds and tapped it to remove moisture, pressed on the reeds, etc. but I don't know what it is.

Does anyone have an idea of why this has happened?
Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 4th note blown sound the exact same as 5th note blown
Posted by: WaltP (96.238.97.---)
Date: February 16, 2015 11:51PM

go to resources on the left and hit tab rulers, then look at chibluesteve's layout for chromatic harps you'll see that 4 blow, 5 blow and 4button draw are all the same note, C it's just the nature of the layout of chromatic harps, basically so that each octave is the same layout as every other

Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: February 27, 2015 04:56PM

Dang, that sounds more confusing than a diatonic.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (107.203.62.---)
Date: February 28, 2015 09:47PM

The layout is actually quite convenient. It gives the player three ways to accomplish the "C" note: one by blowing either 4, or 5 (or 1, or 8, or 9, or 12), the other by drawing -4 (or -8 or -12) with the button in (depicted as -4*, or -8*, or -12* in my tabs).

You'll also find you can accomplish the "F" note in one of two ways: either by drawing in on hole 2 (-2, or -6, or -10) or by blowing 2 with the button in (2*, or 6*, or 10*).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 02:10AM by EarthDogHarpin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.