Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Compositions
Posted by: shubhamgoenka (122.172.254.---)
Date: October 22, 2014 05:05AM

Hey guys!
Please could you post the harp tabs for any songs or tunes that you have composed yourself? It would be nice to have creative music springing up on this website.

Here are the notes for a tune I composed myself:-

4 -4 4 6
6 6 -5 -4
-5 5 -4 4

4 -4 4 6
7 -7 -6 6
5 6 5 -4
-5 5 -4 4

Hope you liked it! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Compositions
Posted by: beads (107.136.17.---)
Date: October 22, 2014 03:19PM

Is your tune in 3/4 time or 4/4 or 6/8, etc. Are some of the notes half notes? Quarter notes? Dotted quarter notes?
Without an audio link nobody will know how you play that tune. You need to post an example to Soundcloud or Youtube or some such site. When you post a tab in the tabs section there is a box for audio links.

Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: October 23, 2014 07:09AM

beads is correct in what he is saying, since it isn't a song you can do a search for and listen to, you need to provide something for us to hear or list the timing in a tab along with some way of showing how many beats to hold each note for. The audio is the best choice though.

Posted by: ,,, (104.139.196.---)
Date: October 29, 2014 05:25AM

If it makes you feel better, I thought it sounded nice the way I randomly chose to play it on the kind of harp I randomly chose to play it on.

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.96.---)
Date: October 29, 2014 06:17PM

I found that if I let the song "play itself" through my harp it was a nice melody, so kudos to you

Posted by: _Harpo (65.78.169.---)
Date: February 28, 2015 10:08AM

Your tune has a kind of sweet sound, at least that's how I played it. I totally agree that it would be cool to share some original compositions here. And there is definitely a need to show measure bars and note values beneath the notes. How about q, e, s, h, and w for quarter, eighth, sixteenth, half, and whole notes? "/" for measures and "." to indicate dotted notes. Maybe it would be too complicated for folks who aren't very familiar with musical notation, but adding a sound link, too, seems like a good idea. I need to check out that Soundcloud site beads mentioned. Love this site! cool smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.