Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
D harp with Paddy Richter tuning
Posted by: pastorbk (54.80.1.---)
Date: March 22, 2014 01:08AM

I want to buy a D harp with Paddy Richter tuning for playing Celtic music, but the only one I can find is Seydel's Steel Session. Unfortunately, these sound rather large and anti-moustache. Are there any other choices out there for under $75.00 US?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: D harp with Paddy Richter tuning
Posted by: yukon (54.80.127.---)
Date: March 22, 2014 10:24AM

Seydel seems to be the only one out there. If you like you could go with the Seydel's Blues Session which can be found here [www.seydelamerica.com] for $40 US. But you will probably have the same problems as the steel session is an upgrade from the blues session.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2014 10:29AM by yukon.

Posted by: railjumper (172.13.28.---)
Date: April 13, 2014 07:07PM

I have a Seydel Blues Session in low D that I play quite a lot. I also have a moustache and have had no problems with it. The Seydel is about 1/4" longer than a Special 20 and the same size in width and depth.

Posted by: pastorbk (24.151.186.---)
Date: April 17, 2014 03:44AM

I just got a regular Seydel Blues Session in low D. It's working fine so far, except the 1 blow seems to have a buzz in it.

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (174.241.33.---)
Date: April 30, 2014 05:38PM

That low buzz is pretty typical for the Low Harps. I'm told that even though you can hear it (the buzz) the audience cannot.

I can't comment on the moustache problem as, being a gal, I don't have one. cool smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.