Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Newbie playing for fun and merriment
Posted by: TOOTMYFLUTE (86.148.143.---)
Date: March 14, 2013 07:38PM

Good evening all......well it is here in Liverpool England at least. Just felt I ought to pop in here and say a few things.

First of all its a big THANK YOU to all who post tabs....you will probably never know how much you have changed my harp outlook......I am in awe of your kindness AND talent.......thank you.....esp those in my every growing fave list.

a little bit about me ( if anyone could be interested !! )......I am 65 yrs old...and have recently started tooting my harps again, after a 40 yrs lay-off !!!......heaven knows how I did it, but back in 1963/64 I was playing harp...BADLY; in a Merseybeat band....we did play the Cavern club on a couple of occasions .....that is how I met my wife BTW

so my current harp practice is coming along great...I paid for a few lessons, and have met a few bands, but as yet I havent found a place where I can fit in at my lowly level......but that is why this site is so great.....I am adding to my "can play " list about one tune a week.....I started with Sloop John B and the Saints, Michael row the boat, wooden heart......etc......I have watched soooo many YT lessons, but this site whoops them all.
My aim is to get some blues riffs sorted, meet up with other players and a band and maybe do some low key gigs oneday

If anyone is near to me and would like to meet up for a session ( I can drive to you) then please drop me an email dave@daveworthington.com it would be great to hear from you.

so its HI from me, I am very greatful for all the tabs and the topics discussed, you have made a lone tooter feel very much at home

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie playing for fun and merriment
Posted by: harmusman (82.44.234.---)
Date: April 18, 2013 03:12PM

What a nice introductory letter/mail/thread. Reading you, you're same as myself but a little younger. I too fooled around with the harp when younger. Loved that Cyril Davies "Chicago Calling" and the "Love Me Do" intro etc. by some new band from the Pool. I never played in with anyone and my Harmonica playing got left behind in the wake of life, but on retirement I became a "born again harper" five years daily now and I am still playing alone, have tried the blues riffs and can make the correct noises on my Diatonics love it, but have been sidetracked into the chromatic which gives me a greater range to Classical and Jazz and this I can play alone, but my dream (dream on baby) is to link up with some like minded bluesers. I think I could growl out a lyric, remembering it is the problem now in my twilight zone.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.