Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Lips a bit numb after practice???
Posted by: Mike63 (122.107.111.---)
Date: February 23, 2013 06:34AM

My lips get a bit numb after an hour of practice.......I'm trying too hard aren't I.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lips a bit numb after practice???
Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: February 23, 2013 10:57AM

There is a very good chance of that, there is that slight chance that your lips are just sensitive, remember to try to stay relaxed when practicing, that means not only your whole body but also your breathing, be sure your breathing is coming from very deep and not just from your mouth, if trying to blow and draw just from your mouth you will find that you are tightening up you jaw and lips and probably running out of air to soon.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: February 24, 2013 09:59AM

My wife has complained of numb lips after so long...

Posted by: Mike63 (49.176.98.---)
Date: February 27, 2013 10:32AM

Thanks Yukon. I try to relax, I really do but it don't come easy(now there's a tune). Sometimes I can do it. I'm hoping it will all come together with practice. That's the other thing, I practise every day but its hard to get that truly alone time with a family of 5. But that's when (sometimes) it all happens. I love those moments.
Overblow, I have a special 20 with ABS comb so the whisky's not a problem. Which is a good thing.
Gene, I'm assuming your wife's not blowin a harp. You lucky bugger.

Posted by: docsoc11 (71.169.160.---)
Date: March 17, 2013 01:10AM

possibly just the vibrations, there is nothing to worry about here. maybe you have sensitive lips, but thats not bad. anyway what i just said! no worries here!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.