Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The strangest place you played your harp
Posted by: TOOTMYFLUTE (86.148.143.---)
Date: March 14, 2013 09:01PM

I like to take my harp when I cycle in the countryside...last week I sat in a churchyard and blew a few tunes.......I then realised that I was playing "When the saints go marchin in".................hope the residents appreciated my attemp !!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Funniest/crazyest places you have played your harp(s)?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Posted by: docsoc11 (71.169.160.---)
Date: March 17, 2013 01:02AM

Ive played my harp anywhere and everywhere! Wheres the goofiest, the funniest, the crazyest, that awesomeest, the coolest, the most insane, the most illegal, the most anything place yoou have played your harmonica? Feel free to post 1 - 999999999999 answers! oh and please dont spam or talk innipropriatly!

Re: Funniest/crazyest places you have played your harp(s)?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Posted by: docsoc11 (71.169.160.---)
Date: March 17, 2013 02:42PM

i play in the bathroom and walking on the street!

Posted by: nick20232 (75.37.239.---)
Date: March 19, 2013 01:50PM

I've played my harp I'm the bathroom. I think the bathroom amplifies the sound and I like that effect!

Posted by: Mike63 (122.107.111.---)
Date: March 20, 2013 12:40PM

Ditto!

Posted by: ,,, (24.209.131.---)
Date: March 20, 2013 10:14PM

ok... I'm seeing some people say "bathroom." I assume you don't watch Mythbusters.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: docsoc11 (71.169.134.---)
Date: April 09, 2013 12:11AM

im going to go back to the subject. I play my harmonica anywhere everywhere, in the bathroom, kitchen, everywhere.

Posted by: bublnsqueak (109.157.96.---)
Date: March 28, 2014 07:55AM

[youtu.be]

Sorry... Again

Paul

Posted by: shubhamgoenka (122.172.254.---)
Date: October 22, 2014 05:39AM

The strangest place I have ever played my harp is in the jeep while on African Safari. We were returning to camp, so I never really warded off any animals tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: beads (107.136.17.---)
Date: October 22, 2014 03:26PM

A TSA agent at the St. Louis airport X-Rayed my carry on bag. It had harps in it. On the screen he said they looked like ammo clips. I wasn't allowed to touch the bag. He opened the bag and asked if those were harmonicas. I said yes. He asked me to play one to prove it. True story. His coworkers were laughing. This was several years ago. Never had that happen again.

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.96.---)
Date: October 22, 2014 05:03PM

Iremember reading a story by Cham-ber Huang. He said he was in an airport and he was requested to play his harp to prove it was real. He said he played one note, rather loudly and startled everyone. The people you had to deal with seemed rather rude and certainly unprofessional.

Posted by: yukon (24.144.160.---)
Date: October 23, 2014 07:40AM

beads, I can see possibly how through the x-ray he could have mistaken those for clips, but upon opening and examining them there should have been no mistake they weren't clips, from a security standpoint at that time I personally would have been more concerned that you had them filled with contraband or used as some sort of explosive device, either way I wouldn't have let you touch them until they were all checked over and cleared. Sounds like you got an agent who messed up big time. I hope the co-workers were laughing at his stupidity.

Posted by: 03lindsi (138.37.230.---)
Date: October 23, 2014 12:31PM

I have had the same problem at airports. Though I have never had to play anything though.

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: October 23, 2014 06:01PM

Beads:
I hope you played "Back in the USSR." winking smiley

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (107.203.62.---)
Date: October 27, 2014 05:37PM

I've never played them there, but have had to pull my harps out at courthouses before. They showed up on x-ray and the gal asked me "What are those?" I told her they were my harmonicas. (Actually I think I referred to them as "harps".) She asked me to remove them, open up the cases, and show them to her. She recognized the diatonic, but not the chromatic. "What's THAT?" she asked. (During this particular instance, a very large, burly, armed guard had walked over to where we were, looked at the x-ray and the physical harps, and then bladed off from me!)

"That's a chromatic harmonica" I told her (and the guard). She asked if I played them. I told her yes, that I make a valiant effort at it anyway. She smiled and asked if I played any Blues. I told her yes, some. She never asked me to play either of them. Just smiled and said "Okay, you can go on in". It was kind of weird.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.