Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Acoustic player in need of wisdom please
Posted by: carneystyle (76.114.127.---)
Date: March 03, 2012 08:22PM

I'm sitting in with a some friends on a upcoming trip and wanting to play this part on the harp. It doesn't seem really difficult but looking for some wisdom to make sure I go about this in the right way.

The song is by Whiskey Myers called "Broken Window Serenade" It's just town chords that rock back and forth - C and E Minor.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOeSwMKYQH4[/video]

I have a harp that the "1" is a C and goes to "10" an E.

Can this be accomplished on this harp?

Thanks for your time!

Carneystyle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Acoustic player in need of wisdom please
Posted by: railjumper (65.68.73.---)
Date: April 20, 2012 06:09AM

I've not seen a harp that the 1 is C and the 10 is E. On a C harp the 1 blow is C, and 10 blow is C or 10 draw is A. A Bb harp, the 1 draw is C, but 10 is either Bb or G. You could probably play it on a 10 hole diatonic F harp on the 2,3 and 4 draws or a natural minor Am harp using the 3,4,5 and 6 draws.

Posted by: Wantingtolearn (74.194.39.---)
Date: December 15, 2012 12:15AM

Guys, I have been trying to figure this out the harmonica for this song for days now. Is there anyway you could send me a link of a tab or tab it yourself and send it to me. I really want To know how to play this. Thanks!

Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: December 15, 2012 03:49AM

Try a C diatonic harp, I think. Play around with -4, -4' and -2. He might have used a -3 once or twice, too.

Posted by: Wantingtolearn (66.76.14.---)
Date: December 15, 2012 07:24PM

I figured out the -4 part but I just don't understand how he is Rolling that note the way he does. I do appreciate the advice though!!

Posted by: harmusman (82.44.234.---)
Date: February 23, 2013 05:59PM

The rolling you refer to is, I think, only that he is bending the -4, as I hear this on the intro it is this

-4 -4' -4 -4' -4 x2 then into

4 -3 3 3 3

This is all repeated again and he then goes into his vocal.
further harmonica is heard partway through, and at the end of the song all the same riff/lick
the -3 3 3 3 is as, draw da durdur this is played on a C harp in the cross position the guitar work I think played in G. I am open correction.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2013 06:10PM by harmusman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.