Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Azazel
Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas4.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: February 03, 2006 01:14AM

Hey Jordan,

What kind of harp do you have?

-rufus

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Azazel
Posted by: Azazel (---.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net)
Date: February 22, 2006 01:58AM

Hohner Special 20 G

Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas3.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: February 22, 2006 02:30AM

I have one of those. It is a good harp.

Posted by: Azazel (---.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net)
Date: February 22, 2006 02:50AM

Yeah, I've actually got four harmonicas, I've just been playing that one alot lately.

Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas1.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: February 22, 2006 04:01PM

What songs do you play, are you playing the older easier ones, or are you going for more modern and sometimes harder songs?

If you find that you are getting frustrated, it may be that some of the songs are more difficult and may take more time to learn. Sometimes a song may need to be played and practiced more than 50 times before it begins to sound right.

My 16 year old son is teaching himself guitar, and he has played some songs a lot. I tell him, that he sounds good, but he has in his own mind what good for him Really Is, and he just keeps on practicing...

I have played some songs more than others, and unless the tab is an easy one for me to play, then I have to play it A LOT...

It can help to have the song playing while you practice, so you can tell if you are following along well.

This is an incedible site, look through the tabs whenever you can, find a song that is familiar to you, or that you can get music for, and try it out.

I wish you well in your playing of the harp, Jordan, please keep me up-to-date on how you are doing; I know a number of people have offered you some helpful advice in another thread, so read through it whenever you get discouraged and be encouraged instead...

-rufus

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.