Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
My 50th tab
Posted by: [email protected] (---.com)
Date: January 16, 2006 07:01AM

OK 50 and 51. I was looking for something special to post as my 50th post and decided on Silver Springs by Stevie Nicks. To get in all the lyrics I had to do it as a 2 part post.

I'd also like to thank everyone for moving me into the top 10. I'm sure 50 tabs had something to do with it.

I also redid Sweet Home Chicago with the lyrics.

Post Edited (01-16-06 03:39)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My 50th tab
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 16, 2006 08:00AM

Congras on your 50th post, I have been thinking about redoing the point system so that people who post a lot can get more points. It has just been a thought so far I have not decided to do it or not.

Posted by: chibluesteve (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: January 16, 2006 04:44PM

Welcome to the top ten BlueWest, you have been working hard on this.

Date: January 16, 2006 04:51PM

It would be nice if new songs had a chance to be a top ten song. It is not possible to compete with songs that live on the main page. if the rateing was based on recient viewings, not total viewings over time.

Date: January 16, 2006 05:19PM

On giving it some thought, Tabs should count for more than chat. There is a lot more work going into Tabs. Tabs are what brings people here in the first place.

Date: January 16, 2006 07:22PM

Each tab posting is worth 20 points and posting in the forum is worth 8. As for the listing of popular tabs I have an idea on how to figure out a better popularity system but I need to figure out the details.

Posted by: [email protected] (---.com)
Date: January 16, 2006 07:33PM

I was thinking about a listing system but don't know how it could be implimented.

The top 10 most popular is fine but could be relabled as Top 10 most downloaded. If there is some way to tabulate which songs are downloaded on a week per week basis, you could also have a top 10 downloaded this week listing or a top ten this month since the newest tabs would always fill the "week" listing.

Date: January 16, 2006 08:19PM

The problem is I have no idea to know when a view of a tab is done all that happens is a couter goes up by one each time the song is viewed. My plans if I can figure out how to do it are to take the total number of views and divided that by the amount of time the tab has been out from which should provide the average number of views which would then be used to classify the tabs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.