Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
How do you create a midi file?
Posted by: Nots36 (---.tys.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 29, 2005 11:46PM

I have recently learned about some harping software that with convert a midi file to harmonica tabs. That is great. However, there is one song I have desperatley been trying to tab called "State of Mind" by Clint Black. It has an unbeliveably good 47 second hamonica solo at the beginning of the song. In my opinion it is the best i have ever heard. And I was able to find about 10 different midi files of the song. At first I was very excited but much to my chagrin all the midi files had omitted the opening solo.

So my question is, is there any software out there that will convert an audio file to a midi file?

Any help would be greatly appreicated

P.S. If any of you have heard this song and have the tabs, or could tab it I would be eternally greatful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do you create a midi file?
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 29, 2005 11:49PM

Unfortunetally the way midis work you can't realy convert MP3 or any other music file into a midi. Most keyboards have a Midi out so when I have needed midis in the past I asked a friend of mine to make them. So you you know anyone with a keyboard you should be able to record the whole thing.

Posted by: Nots36 (---.tys.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 30, 2005 12:32AM

oh well that is not good because i don't know anyone who plays keyboard very well, and even if I did I don't know if they would be able to transcribe that solo to a harmonica. But I am meeting new people all the time maybe i will find somebody that can.

P.S. If you can't convert a MP3 to a midi how come there are so many out there. Do they do it with sheet music?

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 30, 2005 04:40AM

Most likely, you can also create them using software. They have software which displays a virtual keyboard and I believe there is even software which converts sheet music to midi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.