Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What Key other than C
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 28, 2005 04:29PM

It all depends on how hard you play and how often. I had a cheap two dollar one which I burnned through in a few months. My replacement S20 has lasted me quite a long time now. Normally I play softly since I mainly play when I am in the car waiting for someone or when I am alone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nots36 (---.tys.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 28, 2005 07:59PM

Thank you very much for your expediant replies they have helped me greatly : - )

Post Edited (12-28-05 15:59)

Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 28, 2005 08:35PM

Just glad to help smiling smiley

Posted by: RollinRevue (---.shellus.com)
Date: December 29, 2005 06:28PM

The most important thing to remember (aside from all that Nick said) in making a harmonica last is DO NOT try and bend 5 draw or 7 blow. Remember, you are only able to bend to the interval notes that exist between the draw and blow notes on each hole of the harp. The interval for instance on a"C" harp #3 hole is "G" (blow) to "B" (draw unbent) that is a 1-1/2 step interval. This is why 3 draw is so bendable, Bflat, A and Aflat. Any way, the interval on the 5 and 7 holes on any key 10 hole Diatonic harmonica is only 1/2 step so there is no place to bend to. On a "C" harp these are equal to the two white keys on the piano that don't have the black keys (sharps, flats) between them. This incidently is why songs will always work on any key of harmonica. The intervals are always the same on the holes of the harp, no matter what key they are in. ANYway (sorry for the long digression) in my experiance, I have ruined more harps by trying to bend 5 draw or 7 blow than any other way. You other more experienced players examine that drawer of "bad" harps. I would bet that most have bad 5 draw or 7 blow notes.

Keep wailing, Pat the Harp Rat

Posted by: Nots36 (---.tys.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 29, 2005 11:35PM

Thats it a tremendous tidbit Harprat. I will keep that in mind for sure.

Thank you

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.