Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
AP Tuner for Windows
Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: November 03, 2005 07:14PM

I'm sure many of you have used or heard of the Bendometer (http://www.harpsoft.com/index.html)

Well, in my surfin' I came across a shareware program that some of you might find useful: [www.aptuner.com]

Since I don't own a microphone yet, I'm unable to check it out personally, but it looks interesting. (smile)))

I personally invested in a Korg CA-30 Chromatic tuner which serves the same purpose as the aptuner. It's a great way to check my keys and bends.

~always Maria.

P.S.: out of curiosity, for those who use the Bendometer, what kind of microphones do you use or would you recommend?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AP Tuner for Windows
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 03, 2005 09:29PM

Any microphone should work just fine. I would use a mic which could clip to your shirt just so it was close while playing.

Posted by: scottishbob (---.cable.ubr06.azte.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: November 03, 2005 09:39PM

I have a korg gt 12 chromatic tuner, they are just so usefull for hitting bent notes.

I have carried mine about with me for years. There is no way I could have learned without it.

I also have a little palm studio digital four track, and I use a schure sm58 omni directional mike with it. Its not bult for harmonicas, but it sounds ok and feels ok to hold.

Has anyone used a "real" harmonica mike? Do i need one?

Date: November 03, 2005 10:34PM

All micophones should work the same, there really isn't anything to a microphone. The only thing I can think of is the sound absorbing padding is different but I highly doubt that.

Date: November 03, 2005 10:36PM

I love the bendometer software. I don't think I would be playing the harmonica now if I had not found that program.

Date: November 04, 2005 05:12PM

thanx everyone... all this input is good for me. Especially, that just about any mircorphone will do just fine. I was looking at Musican's Friends, and oh my gosh, some of those mic's are pricey! I like the idea of a clip on, so I don't have to worry about holding a mic & playing at the same time. I'm not so coordinated. lol

Does anybody own & use a practice amp? Any recommandations?

~always Maria.

Date: November 05, 2005 06:25PM

Any amp you get will be good for practice, mainly when you shop for an amp you want to look at the future growth you may need. For example you may want to get more channels if you plan on having more then one instrument using the amp at once.

Date: November 06, 2005 05:13PM

Thanx for anwsering my question about amps Nick. Someday I'd like to gift my husband with an electric/acoustic guitar set up, and so we would need an amp with at least 2 hook ups. (grin)))

I rather like the look of those Pignose-20's... they're portable little tube amps and would have plenty enough power for our purposes. Well see... (she said dreamly...))))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.