Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
Been a long time...
Posted by: GorillaMaster (---.buckeyecom.net)
Date: September 28, 2005 09:52PM

This is the first time in a few years I'm buying a new harmonica. It is a Golden Melody in the key of A that I ordered on Sam Ash for $20.94 (cheapest GM I found). I'll report back here when I get it and tell how well it works.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Been a long time...
Posted by: dstaats (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: October 02, 2005 04:57PM

I have a Golden Melody in the key of G. It's a wonderful, warm sounding harmonica & is worth every penny I spent on it.

You'll find that the Golden Melody is slightly larger, and for me, it took a little practice to get use to it. I wish now I had gotten mine in the key of A, for my Marine Band in A is turning out to be my favorite key to play in... Just about every song sounds right in that key. lol

Let us know what ya think, when you get yours...

~always Maria.

P.S.: I found another site that is very comparable to Sam Ash's site for harmonica's called, Woodwind and Brasswind. I was going to buy my next harp from them instead of Sam Ash's.

The address is:

[www.wwbw.com]

Post Edited (10-02-05 14:31)

Posted by: GorillaMaster (---.buckeyecom.net)
Date: October 13, 2005 09:18PM

YES!!
My harmonica finally arrived! It is a Golden Melody in the Key of A.
It is the greatest harmonica I've played (which doesn't say much since I've played some bad harmonicas) but it creates a beautiful sound and although it took a bit to adjust to a different whole size, I'm all ready to go.
As for the Key of A, it's great for blues, it even makes the major scale sound downright mournful. Sorry if I sound excited, I'm just very happy.

Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 13, 2005 10:14PM

The Golden Melody lacks a slightly lower price tag and completely recessed replaceable reedplates and it would be the perfect diatonic harmonica. At least from all the ones I've tried so far. The Suzuki BluesMaster has it beat on feel because the reed plates are set completely within the comb. No brass touches your mouth at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.