Harmonica Chat :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Come here to talk all about harmonicas. 
My Harmonica, seems to have problems
Posted by: bayan57 (---.cablenet)
Date: April 30, 2005 08:31PM

Hi I've had a Hohner International Silver Star harmonica in C, but whenever i want to draw on hole 9, it seems i have to do it with more air or something.

And I still (after several months) can't bend a note. I downloaded this program that recognized harmonica notes, and according to the program i could never bend.

Is my harmonica a good quality harmonica or not?

and are there and good tips to bending?

Thnaks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Harmonica, seems to have problems
Posted by: djlactose (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 01, 2005 06:22AM

The nine and ten wholes are much hard to play then the rest. The reed on those holes is much smaller and requires more force to get it moving. As for bending read the other posts in the lesson section and just keep working on it. It is something that once you get it, it is easy.

Re: My Harmonica, seems to have problems
Posted by: bigev00 (65.164.36.---)
Date: May 03, 2005 06:21AM

The higher notes definently require more air. No problem there.

As for bending, perhaps you should try a different harmonica? But first try alternatingly moving your jaw, puckering and pursing your lips, and moving your tongue...all these things can produce a bend, which is very easy once you get it. My best tip is to try to make a wee-ooo-wee-ooo noise. Use the same lip/tongue movements on your harp as you would when making this noise w/o your harp.

If it still doesn't work, try an easily-bendable harp such as mine (Hohner Blues Harp).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.