Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
need help bending w/ toungue block
Posted by: ccmckin82 (---.pv.oc.cox.net)
Date: January 16, 2010 04:15AM

does any one know how to, or even if you can bend using tongue block? i been trying forever now, but all i end up doing is destroying the 2 draw on all my harps... been through 5 harps now trying to bend because for some reason every time i try and bend the 2 draw, it bends the reed somehow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: need help bending w/ toungue block
Posted by: aerospace1028 (---.cpe.metrocast.net)
Date: January 27, 2010 12:59PM

greetings,
I'm new here, but I noticed no one else had gotten around to answering your question.

From my research, yes it is possible to bend using the tongue-block method. Most instructions claim the tongue-block method is more difficult than the lip-block/pucker method. For a breakdown of the different embouchures and their trade-offs consult:

[www.musicianswebstore.com]

When trying to bend with any embouchure, good breath control is key. I found two pages that mention tongue-blocking while explaining bending:

[www.musicianswebstore.com]

[www.harmonicaclub.com]

I'm not sure if any of this helps you out or not. From lurking around the harp-tabs forums, other members often refer to Adam Gussow's youtube instructions as being helpful. you might want to try a search for "Adam Gussow" and "tongue blocking" (I don't use youtube, so I can't attest personally to Adam's instructional material).

good luck:-)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.