Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
New Harps
Posted by: kovar34 (---.cvtv.net)
Date: December 09, 2009 07:55PM

I have a question for everyone. Has anyone ever heard of Lo Duca harps? My dad got me a set and gave it to me early for christmas. I was trying to look them up on the net, but i can not get to site to open. Just woundering if anyone has ever used them, and how good they are.

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Harps
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: December 09, 2009 10:52PM

They're toys, but at least you have harps in 7 keys to start with...Are these your first harmonicas? If so, you'll want to move on to higher quality harps later.

Lo Duca

I get the feeling you're going to ask:

Posted by: kovar34 (---.mobile.mymmode.com)
Date: December 09, 2009 11:16PM

That's what I figured. But it's better than what I had which is nothing. I know another buddy of mine is going to give me another set for Christmas as well. So maybe that set will be a little better, but you got to learn on something.

Posted by: yukon (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: December 10, 2009 08:40AM

I got a set of those to take out in the woods when I go on camping or backpacking trips as I have lost and damaged a few good harps in the outdoors, so I went with a cheaper set to take to the woods, they aren't to bad for being cheap harps, but as gene said you will want to move to a higher quality. The key of C that I got with my set was actually easy to bend for most notes, but after a slight drop, about forty feet onto a rock base, my C harp was broke (don't worry I didn't fall with it), I bought a replacement for it, and the replacement was much more difficult to bend the notes, so as with most cheap harps you may get a decent one or you may get a poor one.

Posted by: kovar34 (---.mobile.mymmode.com)
Date: December 10, 2009 03:24PM

Thanks for the info. Like I said I got to learn on something, and for not having nothing I will take it for now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.