Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
Seated vs Standing
Posted by: GeorgeD (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: December 26, 2008 09:05PM

Hi have read a fair bit about the importance of posture and breathing (from the diaphragm) and was wondering do most people here play while standing?

george

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seated vs Standing
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: December 26, 2008 10:02PM

I usually play while I'm sitting right here in this chair. Sometimes I stand up and play, pacing back & forth. That's when I have more energy. I think I sound better standing up, but I don't know if that's because I'm standing up or because I have more energy...or both.

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 27, 2008 01:35AM

Bluesy stuff standing or walking with a dog tied to my waist. Songy stuff sitting at a music stand. BTW "walking" blues is great exercise.

Posted by: Justice (---.216.wightcablenorth.net)
Date: December 27, 2008 02:24AM

if im playing with my "band"(my brother and a guitar) im standing up and hunched over the harp sort of going crazy, when i stand up i get really into it. and when i pratise a pace and shake, god knows why but, thats what i do. if am playing slow though i sit and play whilst bobbing my head and closing my eyes, for that soulful look, Again why? i think that no matter how i play i breath the same, Hard or soft, and i have bad posture, a real life quasimodo (a slight exaggeration). but for me mainly standing and generally being twichy.

Post Edited (2008-12-29 13:23:15)

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 30, 2008 03:08AM

Hey Justice,
It sounds like you've got all the makings of a harp-god. Don't forget to hang those chains or ribbons off the sides of your harp. And don't you like those wierd sound effects you get when you shake and twitch!
Walt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.