Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
Here's some REALLY FUN Practice For Ya!
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: January 10, 2012 12:08PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Here's some REALLY FUN Practice For Ya!
Posted by: Werkis2 (95.68.87.---)
Date: January 16, 2012 03:40PM

grinning smiley lol, i havent played so long harmonica now i was thinking where the heck i will get E harp grinning smiley but i have 2 of them Folk Blues E and Hohner cheap one E grinning smiley

Date: January 16, 2012 08:01PM

The music is in E. The harps used are A (second position) and D (third position).

Posted by: grey_air (75.162.238.---)
Date: November 06, 2012 04:34AM

This is amazing, just what I'm trying to learn. When I listen to guys with your' skills I'm always frustrated because I can't mimic the sound you produce. I know how to play singe notes and how to bend, but theres a different quality I can't seem to get, that 'bluesy' sound. Anyway, thanks for the lession! You give me some thing to reach for.

Date: November 06, 2012 05:25AM

Hold on, thar a minute!! You don't think that's ME, do ya?!

"When I listen to guys with your skills I'm always frustrated..."
Well, if you could listen to guys with MY skills, you might just be ENCOURAGED! grinning smiley

Posted by: grayharp (122.58.186.---)
Date: December 03, 2012 08:23AM

Nice playing to practice to.....Aw C'mon Gene that's really you ain't itsmiling smiley

Posted by: harmusman (82.44.235.---)
Date: December 07, 2012 12:13PM

Nice exercise from Gindick, we get the type of harmonica to play but it is never told what the backing music is, where that can be obtained from, can anyone name suppliers or downloads. Further for new players try listening through headphones concentration on the rhythm and beat can be greater while your playing, gives you confidence to swing that harp around your mouth, to you it sounds good, what anyone else thinks at this stage is immaterial to the excersise.

Posted by: railjumper (172.7.230.---)
Date: December 08, 2014 11:50PM

I don't see anything to practice to.

Posted by: WaltP (96.238.96.---)
Date: December 08, 2014 11:56PM

Oh my God, the emperor has no clothes

Date: December 10, 2014 06:01AM

I don't know why the links don't stay posted.

I don't remember which one I had up there, but here's one like it. Copy/paste this into the You Tube search box:

Harp Jam #3: Slow Blues in E, A harp, and D harp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2014 06:04AM by gene.

Posted by: _Harpo (65.78.169.---)
Date: March 01, 2015 07:39AM

Yeah! This is great to practice along with. That 4 draw he's playing there--that's one of my favorite notes on the harp. It's the reed that always goes bad on me. Looking for some good tunes to jam along with? Just download or do a youtube search for any of the blues greats: Muddy Waters, Junior Wells, John Lee Hooker, B.B. King, any of the Kings, T.Bone Walker, Little Walter, Jimmy Reed, Robert Cray, Lightening Hopkins, Clarence Gatemouth Brown, Willie Dixon, etc.
Find something that's in the right key for one of your harps (if you're serious, you will have a collection), then bookmark or save that song and use it for your practice. You will definitely find plenty of music for your practice with a little bit of searching.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.