Lessons :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Have a tip that you want to share? Put it here. 
a little chromatic help if you please.
Posted by: Harpslinger (92.40.254.---)
Date: August 06, 2012 08:41PM

Hi all, just found harp tabs last week and properly registered today. Making good use of the mass amounts Of quality resources on here.

I've been playing bluesharp for around 2 years, and . we'll for the past. 6 months. I'm nothing special on the,harp, but I seem to impress the pub goers in my local area so I can't be too bad.

Anyway, last Christmas I was bought a nice chromatic, hohner super chrom 270 deluxe, I'm a big jazz fan so I wanted to learn the chromatic. Unfortunately I haven't got very far with it other than the odd simple tune.
I'm hoping someone could point me in the direction of some good lessons or jazz times to get me started.
I dont want it sitting on my shelf anymore, and its be nice to only have to use one harp to jam in any key.

Hopefully someone can help me out, sorry for rambling so long,
Cheers,
Louie Whitehurst
Thomson Oldeman

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a little chromatic help if you please.
Posted by: WaltP (96.238.99.---)
Date: August 06, 2012 09:45PM

I suggest you go to a site called Slidemeister.com, they are the best starting point that I can imagine. And friendly too!

Posted by: Harpslinger (92.40.254.---)
Date: August 07, 2012 10:02PM

Thanks very much, ill look it up now,
Cheers and thanks for the quick reply =]

Posted by: harmusman (82.44.234.---)
Date: August 29, 2012 09:38PM

There are some jazz tabbs up on this site Walt has put up some big band numbers and I have tried some myself they are straight tabbed but as you know with jazz the art is invention so you can play around with them for yourself "Night Train" is a nice easy number to try, when you have got into the swing of it you can exrtend it how you wish. Also, from my own little contribution I have "Swingin shepherd Blues, "I remember Clifford" and "Tranes Blues". You can even find Toots's Bluesette.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2012 09:46PM by harmusman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.