Member Links :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
Here is a place where our members can post links to their favorite sites. 
complete alphabetized list of blues and jazz tabs at Modern Blues Harmonica
Posted by: kudzurunner (---.sip.jan.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 28, 2011 04:52PM

This will be my one and only commercial announcement! As some of you know, I've created almost 70 tabs over the past 4+ years to go along with my blues harmonica instructional videos. It's been hard to search for specific tabs--until now.

I've put them all in an easy-to-download, searchable, hyperlinked Excel spreadsheet that can be downloaded from a new page on the Modern Blues Harmonica website:

alphabetized harp tabs at Modern Blues Harmonica

Also on that page is a list of the tabs (by title) and the artist they're associated with.

I've got some well known blues stuff tabbed out, including Junior Wells's two-chorus solo on "Messin With the Kid," Big Walter's head and solo in "Have a Good Time," Kim Wilson's solo on Jimmy Rogers's version of "Got My Mojo Working," and Paul Butterfield's head and solo on "Born in Chicago."

Full disclosure: unlike harptabs.com, I charge for my tabs: $2 or, on occasion, $1. My tabs don't just give you the holes and in/out references, but also a precise time-count, to help you really dig down deep into the rhythmic underpinnings of whatever is being done.

If you're disinclined to pay for tabs, you might want to visit the page anyway and download the one free bit of stuff: a one-chorus tab and mp3 extract for "Messin With the Kid." It will give you a vivid sense of what my tabbing style looks like. You might end up deciding that tossing $2 out there for an occasional AG super-duper tab is part of a fully-rounded study routine. the finger smiley

Sorry to dip in and duck out like this; I'm simply trying to spread the word.

--Adam Gussow

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 08:50PM by kudzurunner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: complete alphabetized list of blues and jazz tabs at Modern Blues Harmonica
Posted by: gene (Moderator)
Date: November 28, 2011 09:55PM

What a pleasant shock!! Come to this humble forum and find it's been graced by Adam Gussow!!

Hey Adam, your "spam" is more than welcome here!! smiling smiley
Thanks for the link!

Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (76.251.187.---)
Date: November 28, 2011 10:51PM

Indeed! Wonderful to have you post, Adam! Thank you for the link! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Werkis2 (95.68.87.---)
Date: January 28, 2012 10:01PM

WoW ! grinning smiley

Posted by: gatman (98.160.231.---)
Date: February 10, 2012 12:39AM

Thanks for all the work you put in to help out us wannabes, Adam.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.