Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Dannecker Harmonica
Posted by: harmusman (54.195.8.---)
Date: February 14, 2014 09:34AM

Dannecker Harmonica now being reviewed on youtube by Christelle Berthon,
I have been using Dannecker Harps for five years now.

What they say on the packet is all true, these harmonicas tick all the right buttons, only problem is that if you want to play perfection, you have to pay perfection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2014 09:35AM by harmusman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dannecker Harmonica
Posted by: EarthDogHarpin (54.204.55.---)
Date: February 18, 2014 07:35PM

Cliff, I've been looking at Dannecker's "Centurion".... What Dannecker harps do you play? And are they worth the price (which is roughly $375 US Dollars)?

Tell us more about the models you play, please?

Re: Dannecker Harmonica
Posted by: harmusman (54.220.185.---)
Date: February 21, 2014 11:18PM

Deb, the Harmonicas I first used were Hohner special 20 I did not get on very well with these but they were the best of the out of box Harps I found by recommendation.

I got onto Antony Dannecker by finding his advertising card in a music instrument store I spoke to him by phone outlining my early problems.
His advice to me was that while the Hohner sp 20 was good it was still a production line made model and he invited me to send the one I had and he would give it an overhaul, the returned harp was a revelation in its playing, and in my playing.

This was to lead me into buying a harp from him thanks to my wife giving it me as a xmas present.

The model was a Dannecker Blues in C, styled same as Hohner meisterclasse a beautiful creation, solid chrome cover plates, solid chromed brass comb, perfectly tuned, every draw/blow note played without difficulty, and bending was as easy as it can get and it was LOUD.

In the hand it was heavier than most but I loved this, I never seemed to lose it as I moved up and down the holes/notes.

Had it and still play it now, five years since. Cost then was £80 and in comparison to SP 20 more expensive.

I have been supplied and serviced by A D since, and have bought his Meisterklasse range and a Hohner Chromatic.

As for his Centurion that Christelle B. is plugging this is sounding just as the Dannecker Blues I have. The cost is similar, giving that five years inflation has pushed the price on

You can get him and his products on Facebook and website
Antony Dannecker Harmonicas

P.S $375 makes his price higher than corresponding prices of five years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2014 11:26PM by harmusman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.