Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
microphones
Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: October 11, 2010 07:19PM

I have an Audix Fireball v, and it has a very good clean sound. I've been thinking about getting an Astatic by Hohner Blues Blaster. Does anybody have any experience with these?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: microphones
Date: January 20, 2011 01:51AM

Okay, no takers. I got the JT30 for Christmas, and it definitely has a different sound than my fireball. I'm running it through an ART TUBE MP studio mic preamp into a Nemesis bass amplifier (you just get a better sound for harmonica with a bass amp than with a guitar amp IMHO).
With a little tweaking and experimenting, you can go from a light, almost clean sound, to raw honking Chicago blues type sound. I have come to the sound I like by running the amp clean, a little heavy on bass, with the mid and high dialed back a bit. The preamp is sensitive, so it doesn't take much gain to give you a little (or alot) of distortion.
I'm thinking about throwing a delay pedal in the mix just for fun, to see what other sounds I can get out of it.
I got it without hearing from you guys about it because it was on sale for $49.00, now back up to $99.00. Glad I didn't miss the boat on the sale, great addition to my mic locker at an unbeatable price!

Re: microphones
Date: January 21, 2011 08:21PM

Oops, I realized that in my first post I said Blues Blaster. It's the JT30 roadhouse mic that I got. Also, I've noticed that it has gone back down to $49.00.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.