Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Big river
Posted by: pjd777 (78.147.165.---)
Date: September 15, 2010 11:23PM

I bought this Hohner big river this week in key of B it cost me £14. and £1.50 postage.I did not know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised first I noticed the weight of it then how sturdy the build is it is one of the heaviest harps I have and it feels good in the hands and is longer than some of my other harps . I played it and unlike a lot of my other harpes it did not miss a single note blow or draw. Only been playing since february so am no expert but have learned quite bit in that time enough to know that a lot of the harps I have bought especialy the more pricey ones are just not worth the money I paid for them I have 16 in all and ashamed to say out of the 16 four play with no hitches they are the delta frost, suzuki blues master, suzuki Manji and this new Hohner big river which has really surprised me and goes to prove the top end harps can be over rated. So I liked the big river and I ordered one in Key of C so any one interested I will let you know what it is like. As I say I know I am a newcomer but any one just starting and didnt want to spend to much well you wont go far wrong with this reasonably priced Hohner Big River in dollars it would be about $18.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big river
Posted by: grayharp (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: September 16, 2010 10:45AM

Hey pjd777
As a matter of interest how much was your Manji...I see you deal in pounds?

Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: September 16, 2010 12:25PM

You could Google a currency converter.

Posted by: pjd777 (78.147.165.---)
Date: September 16, 2010 11:46PM

Hello Greyharp the Manji cost me £54 dont know what that would be
in Newzealand but I think when it comes down to volume its is a
really loud harp which would be great for gigs but with me I often play soulful folk type music so I really have to make the mental effort to control my breathing perhaps it s the wrong harp for playing that sort of music it strikes me that it is over responsive probably just me just cant put my finger it puzzles me.

Posted by: grayharp (---.jetstream.xtra.co.nz)
Date: September 17, 2010 09:28AM

I guess I like the ease and responsiveness of the Manji, it suits my playing cause I want to play it with the guys in our trio, and will probably get another couple of keys soon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.