Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Suzuki Bluesmaster
Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: July 26, 2010 04:33AM

I finally picked up a couple bluesmasters (Bb & C). Been wanting to try 'em for awhile. Great feel and sound. I am really partial to harps with covers that extend to the end of the comb, and I like harmonicas with plastic combs so I think it was a logical choice for me to give the Bluesmaster a try.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Suzuki Bluesmaster
Posted by: gene (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: July 26, 2010 04:53AM

"...I am really partial to harps with covers that extend to the end of the comb..."

Me, too.
I've never had a box car-shaped harp, and I've always wondered how you can get a good seal with your hands around those things.

Posted by: IanKnights (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: July 26, 2010 02:11PM

I have a Bluesmaster and Promaster, plus a Hammond a Firebreath and a Golden Melody - all with full length covers and they do feel good in the hand. However, I have 4 SP20's, a MB 1896, a MB Deluxe and a Crossover and I think they are just as easy to get a seal with, apart from the side slots in the Deluxe/Crossover - that is a little more tricky. But no probs with the SP20's!

Just goes to show playing the harp is very much down to individual preference, which is why I am still trying different makes/models 'till I find my ultimate instrument of choice!

Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: July 27, 2010 06:58PM

I hear you, Gene. I have one "boxcar" harp, it's a Lee Oskar. It's a good harmonica but the covers bother me. It also feels really big in my mouth. I think with the full length covers, they can make them with a slightly lower profile.

Posted by: pjd777 (78.147.100.---)
Date: August 14, 2010 11:20PM

I recently got one and they are great arent they? feels smooth in the hand and plays good even for a newbie [7months] like me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.