Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Hohner Meisterklasse 7565 Chromatic
Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 22, 2009 06:03PM

This is another biased review.

Firstly, I have to say this is hands-down the best harmonica I've ever played. It's a 14 hole chrom, going to G below middle-C. It's straight tuned and has a short-throw slide that is as smooth as any I've played. It uses standard reeds, not the longer ones of the 270 deluxe and the hard-bopper. But still seems just as loud. I believe the cover-plates, and mouth piece are stainless steel. The comb is aluminum, but with no electrolyte problem. The harp is heavy and beautiful. The mouthpiece is so comfortable it puts everything else I've played to shame, the holes are rectangular and well chamfered. The harp is very slippery in the mouth, again, more so than any other I've played. The notes sound easily and evenly across the board. I only wish I had bought one years ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hohner Meisterklasse 7565 Chromatic
Posted by: FroggyGM (---.3-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: February 20, 2011 08:48PM

Hi Walter,
You are a bit of a harmonica Collector aren't You, you seem to have a few harmonicas laying about...
I just had a look at this Meisterklasse, and it indeed looks Very Impressive, High Quality and Very nice to play indeed, Glad You're impressed.

Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: March 12, 2011 02:04AM

Hi Walt I have some meisterklasse diatonics and find them excellent, I have recently tried playing Chromatics using many of your excellent tabbings on site. The Chromatic I bought is a Hohner 270 Deluxe and am finding that the 2 draw is difficult to play seems like a sticky reed but I have to add that my breath inhale fails me when I arrive at this hole on many numbers. have found that I can use a blow 2 with slide valve in, giving me same note to finish on. Also when returning to the harp find that the valve slide is stuck to release have to give it a wack would a little valve oil administered when finishing playing help and can you tell me why many of your tabs are set high on the register around 8 9 10 holes for songs that are performed by singers that sing in the lower register.

Posted by: WaltP (66.87.4.---)
Date: March 12, 2011 02:31PM

Most often because playing in the correct register is impossible due to notes below middle C

Posted by: harmusman (---.hari.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: March 13, 2011 10:53PM

Oh i see, thanks Walt, always sure of an answer from yourself. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: WaltP (66.87.7.---)
Date: March 15, 2011 04:52PM

soon as our vacation is over

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.