Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Noteworthy Chromatic Harmonica
Posted by: Jackson (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2009 10:59PM

A very cheap, sweet sounding, nice looking chromatic harmonica that includes a hard case and two cleaning clothes. It runs around $45. It's the cheapest 16 holer I've ever seen. Be careful, however, the case does not do anything for it. Mine fell while it was in the case and the slide broke. Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can get replacement parts? I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Noteworthy Chromatic Harmonica
Posted by: gatman (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2009 11:47PM

Is the brand Noteworthy, or are you saying it's worthy of being noted?
If the latter is the case, you forgot to mention the brand.

Date: March 17, 2009 12:50AM

It's Noteworthy by brand. I think you can only find it online in its ebay store.
[cgi.ebay.com]

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 17, 2009 02:17AM

Does it say made in China? And I wonder what is Boat Country Folk. Anyway the site says it has a one year warranty so I'm guessing you can get some satisfaction that way. I'm glad you like the way it sounds because at 45 bucks it sounds (no pun intended) too good to be true.

Date: March 17, 2009 03:16AM

I won't stick anything in my mouth if it came from china. Please let us know where it is manufactured, Jackson.

Date: March 17, 2009 10:16PM

I think some hohners were made in China, Gatman. I'm not sure, I think if I recall correctly the noteworthy was made in China, but I know that they are located in a store in San Antonio, Texas.

Date: March 18, 2009 04:06PM

You're correct about hohner, Jackson. The entire Chrometta line is now manufactured in china, as well as the weekender tremelo. I was given a hohner comet for Christmas. It was made in Check(?) Republic and was covered in some sort of grease with smudges all over it. It was returned without ever touching my lips.
If they outsource the Golden Melody, I will be done with Hohner.

BTW, funny how they sent manufacturing of some models to cheaper labor markets, but the prices still went up!

Posted by: WaltP (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 24, 2009 12:51PM

I wonder how much diesel fuel it takes to get a harp from china to wherever? And don't forget middlemen have to eat too. BTW Gat, have you looked at the labels on your clothes?

Date: March 25, 2009 11:50AM

This type of harmonica also chokes on the low notes fairly easily.

Posted by: FroggyGM (---.3-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: February 20, 2011 09:28PM

Hi Jake,
the Slider is a Very important piece of a chromatic and Not easy to replace I would guess, Your harmonica is not the cheapest around though, how about this one, You might be better off buying this as it would be cheaper than replacing Your slider:

[www.thomann.de]

Comes with a hard-shell plastic case by the looks of it, and... 3 years guarantee too....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.